Author Topic: Master/ Remote Problem  (Read 390 times)

Offline mmais68569

• Kudos: 0
Master/ Remote Problem
« on: June 14, 2019, 12:23:40 PM »
I have been able to set up a play list on my master & uploaded the FSEQ & audio files to the master & Fesq files to the remotes. When the schedule starts on the master the audio plays but no lights. But when I unplug & plug in the router the lights come on & play as they should. I can not figure out what is not correct maybe someone here can. What is the problem?
 Mike

Offline Poporacer

• Kudos: 6
Re: Master/ Remote Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 03:25:39 PM »
We could use some more information here, it is kinda hard to troubleshoot without knowing what is going on. Here are a few things that we need to help out.
1. Show us a screenshot of your network settings on both the Master and remote FPP
2. Show us a screenshot of the Master Multisync page
3. show us a screenshot of the Master Status Page when it is playing (before you reset your router)
4. Show us a screenshot of the Remote Status page when the Master is playing (before you reset your router)
5. Do you power on your router and pi at the same time? Or is the router always on?

Thanks
If to err is human, I am more human than most people.

Offline mmais68569

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 05:09:49 PM »
Lets do this with a few posts.
1. Show us a screenshot of your network settings on both the Master and remote FPP
First Master
Second Remote 1
Third Remote 3
Fourth Remote 4
 could not get into remote 2 at this time.

Offline Emuney18

• Kudos: 7
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 06:46:42 PM »
Am I understanding your setup correctly.  All the remotes and master are hard wired to the router?   So we can assume you are using either hats or Dan Kulps beagle boards if that is true.  What are the settings on the cape outputs tab? 

When you say you reset the router and the lights work, do you mean that it plays the sequence and not that they just flash once?  If they play the sequence after restart then it is likely the remotes are not being detected so we will need to see the remote sync page. Do you always leave the router on?  Does the FPP status pages say FPPD running when the problem is happening? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Sawdust

• Kudos: 8
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 07:20:18 PM »
Have you selected the remotes on the master MultiSync Tab

Offline mmais68569

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2019, 05:38:44 AM »
Am I understanding your setup correctly.  All the remotes and master are hard wired to the router?   So we can assume you are using either hats or Dan Kulp’s beagle boards if that is true.  What are the settings on the cape outputs tab? 

When you say you reset the router and the lights work, do you mean that it plays the sequence and not that they just flash once?  If they play the sequence after restart then it is likely the remotes are not being detected so we will need to see the remote sync page. Do you always leave the router on?  Does the FPP status pages say FPPD running when the problem is happening? 

[/font]Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All the remotes and master are hard wired to the router?
Master is wired to the router, remotes are wireless. NO cape outputs
When you say you reset the router and the lights work
After unplugging & plugging router back in the sequence plays wireless like it is supposed to do.
Do you always leave the router on?
Yes & master pi also on all the time.
Does the FPP status pages say FPPD running when the problem is happening
I will have to check this today when schedule plays.

I am thinking it is a router problem as I am having trouble this morning loading my multiSync settings.
Page just continues to say loading.
Mike

« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 05:55:48 AM by mmais68569 »

Offline mmais68569

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2019, 06:03:29 AM »
Here is a copy of the MultiSync page

Offline dkulp

• Kudos: 89
    • KulpLights.com
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2019, 08:01:03 AM »
Don't use broadcast unless you absolutely have to.   That will kill wifi performance and really won't work well with WIFI anyway as broadcast packets are only sent out about every 100-300ms.   Use the multicast option.

In anycase, it sounds like your router is blocking broadcast for some reason.   

Offline Sawdust

• Kudos: 8
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2019, 08:16:06 AM »
Dan, what format is sent if I individual select remote vs group selecting Broadcast, oe Multicast.

Sorry, not wanting to steal the thread, but topic was opened and generated my question.

Offline dkulp

• Kudos: 89
    • KulpLights.com
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2019, 08:18:37 AM »
Selecting individual remotes would be unicast directly to them. 

Offline mmais68569

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2019, 09:26:38 AM »
Master started show as scheduled running with multicast checked & lights did not come on. Below are screen shots. Looks like the remotes are not connecting to the master.
 Mike

PS: Just rebooted the router with multicast checked & lights did not come on as they have done in the past

Offline Poporacer

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2019, 10:20:06 AM »
It looks like you might have something going on with your network. If you look at your system times, they are incorrect. But that could just be that you didn't setup the NTP server?
What are the IP addresses in the Host name?
Open a command prompt and perform a ping and tracert on each of the remotes and post a screenshot of those results.
Because you are using wireless for communication, can you give us screenshots of your wlan0 setup on your master and remotes?
You might want to leave the Gateway blank on the eth0 settings on your remotes and set it on the wlan0 settings?

Offline mmais68569

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2019, 12:46:35 PM »
All NTP are enabled, NTP server is blank.
Below are screen shots of the Host names & screen shots of the ping tests

Offline mmais68569

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2019, 12:57:12 PM »
Here are the master & remote wlan0 screen shots. Gateway removed for eth0 on all remotes.
 One reason times maybe different is that I do Not have internet on this network. Using Real Clocks,
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 01:07:27 PM by mmais68569 »

Offline Poporacer

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2019, 04:53:24 PM »
Try going to the computer command prompt and do the ping test. You are pinging the device from itself. We need to see if the network is routing things correctly. I do see that the multisync is seeing both networks on your remotes now, when before it was only seeing one. You should follow Dan's advice and use the All Remotes Multicast for best results.
After you change to All Remotes Multicast, reboot your masters and your remotes and then try to run a schedule. If it doesn't work, send us a screenshot of your ping results from your computer to each remote and master.
Also, what do you have connected to your PI to control the lights? I see an IP address on the host name, maybe there is a problem there?