Author Topic: Beginner stuck  (Read 7968 times)

Offline bdowling

• Kudos: 0
Beginner stuck
« on: June 26, 2019, 07:52:10 PM »
I've gotten into a rabbit hole and have been rather frustrated recently. A couple months ago when I first attempted to use my Pi-cap I was able to get lights on. At that time I was connected to wifi, but I'm currently in an apartment that only has wired connections. I have my pi set up and falcon player up on my computer but for some reason when I try to run a playlist it says both the elapsed and remaining time are 0. I'm not sure if there's an issue with using eth0 or if I forgot a step but any guidance would be appreciated.

Online dkulp

• Developer
  • Kudos: 96
    • KulpLights.com
Re: Beginner stuck
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 07:57:41 PM »
Most likely you don't have a USB sound card.   If you have a PiHat configured, you need a USB sound card for the sound or it will hang trying to play. 

Either that or configure the playlist on only have "Sequence Only" steps, no media.

Offline bdowling

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 08:02:03 PM »
Right now I have a couple different experiment playlists all "sequence only." I had them the same way last time I was messing with it, not sure why it's not working this time.

Online Poporacer

• Kudos: 9
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 05:58:08 AM »
Show us some screen shots of your eth0 and wlan0 screens and your playlist screen
If to err is human, I am more human than most people.

Offline bdowling

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 08:00:12 PM »
I appreciate all the help. Just some background, I'm using the rPi-28D connected to a 2811DC30 Dimmer(both from hanson electronics). I added every page I modified, I think. Thanks again

Offline bloojoop

• Kudos: 1
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2019, 08:40:50 PM »
Did you ever get this figured out ?  I believe your issue has to do with the fact that you have the e1.31/Artnet output configured to send channel data for channels 1-512 OUT via the eth0 interface.  This will cause the channel data to NOT go to the configured Pi Pixel Strings output (it's configured for channels 1-150).. I would disable the output on the E1.31/Artnet page and retest.

Ron
--Ron

Offline bpos

• Kudos: 2
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2019, 04:13:42 PM »
You have it set for media and sequence? Do you have both? Are you in port 1 on the pi cap?