Author Topic: Okay so I bought a few items  (Read 176 times)

Online Herschelthorn

• Kudos: 0
Okay so I bought a few items
« on: July 09, 2019, 07:11:36 PM »
I just bought an f48 and 2 differential receivers.

I have:
1000 pixels ws2811 12 v
2 12v 350watt pays
1 5v power supply for the f48
20 pigtails male and female
20 pvc pipes
3 Cat 5 50feet

I have a cnc machine I plan to use to build props with that my dad helped me build.
I have a 3d printer Ender 5

What other items do I need to build a show and can someone link me to a decent fm transmitter that's not more than $30

Offline Poporacer

• Kudos: 7
Re: Okay so I bought a few items
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 07:41:53 PM »
That is a good start. Building your own props is a big task but doable. You will need some wire for connecting you pixels to your controller (unless they are that close). Possibly need power injection wires. Here is a decent FM Transmitter:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/DSP-PLL-87-108MHz-Digital-Wireless-Microphone-Stereo-FM-Transmitter-Module/182355677819?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
If to err is human, I am more human than most people.

Online Herschelthorn

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 07:57:21 PM »
Thanks, yeah my dad has tons of wire laying around he's a 20 year electrician. He built the cnc I just bought the list of supplies it's similar to gattons cnc off YouTube. So should make the process of building props easier. I bought a lot of regular led lights and inflatables but with the constant wind here most of the inflatables are trash and don't want to go that route again so going with something a lot more sturdy wood and rebar.

If I was to buy that fm transmitter would it be easy to hook up to the f48 or would I need a rpie? We have a rpie controlling the cnc machine so I am familiar with them.

Online Herschelthorn

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 08:44:53 PM »
Awe man another thing I forgot to ask do I need to connect the f48 to a raspberry pi? I know it has an SD card slot but can I use that instead of connecting to a computer? Darn that's the most important thing and it completely slipped my mind.

Offline Poporacer

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 10:57:58 PM »
I don't think the F48 has an audio device....yet. I know there was a beta sound device for the F16 and when it officially comes out, it will probably work on the F48. So you will need to have a player of some sort, your computer running xSchedule or a Pi.
If you have the most current firmware installed on your F48, then you don't need a Pi to control your show.

Offline aknflyer

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2019, 11:15:19 PM »
I also use the dsp-pll transmitter, it works very well. I get about a half mile, which I am sure exceeds the fcc limits. I havent found a way to fit a coax into the case yet that will allow an attenuator yet. But the latest case I printed might work, that I got off thingiverse. And I have it in a half buried basement.
Be aware though, if you use the dsp pll transmitter with a pi, you will not be able to use the usb transmitter audio. (some sort of rasberian verision driver issue that has not been solved). I use it with my pi master and use a soundblaster 3 connected to the phono input. That does work well. A different china usb to audio adapter did not work as well as the audio out was low, causing the signal to noise ratio to degrade.

Online Herschelthorn

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2019, 07:59:08 AM »
What should I put between the controllers and the ammo box I got off Amazon. It's an mtm ammo box not sure if I should use an insulation pad or corrugated plastic.

Offline Emuney18

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2019, 07:16:25 PM »
I have seen wood, corrugated plastic, plastic sheets, cuttingboards. Really anything not conductive will work thats easy to screw and drill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline aknflyer

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2019, 11:54:29 PM »
Here is a pic of my ammo box controller for my megatree. I used a server supply for more current. I bought some 1/8" thick ABS plastic and mounted that to the sides and bottom. All devices screw to the abs. The pi is velcroed.