Author Topic: Colorlight Receiver Card (RESOLVED)  (Read 93 times)

Offline Daryle D

• Kudos: 0
Colorlight Receiver Card (RESOLVED)
« on: July 10, 2019, 10:50:46 AM »
I have having problems setting up a 4X4 P5 Panel Matrix using a Colorlight 5A-75B Receiver Card and a Raspberry Pi 3B+ running FPP 2.7.2.

I have run the LEDVision software (Tried versions 5.0 and 6.6) and saved the settings to the card. I can then successfully run a sequence on the matrix.  The problem occurs when I power everything down and power it back up again. It seems that the entire display shifts over to the right, exactly half the panel width (128 pixels). The left half displays a green pattern and the right half displays what should be on the left. What should be displayed on the right half is lost.

I can correct this by opening the LEDVision software and running the "Intelligent Setting" process.  The funny thing is that I don't need to complete the Intelligent Setting process, I just need to start it and then exit out and it corrects the display.  I have tried saving different settings to the card but the problem remains.

I am using P5 panels purchased through CFoL labelled P5(2121)-16S-6432-A3 so I assume they are 1/16 scan. The setup in FPP seems correct as once I get the LEDVision display correct, I can run sequences. Setting for the display size (256X128) are correct. The one setting in the LEDVision software that concerns me is the Module size in the "Receive card Parameters". It is displaying 64WX16H but this is not a user changeable setting.  I think that it should read 64WX32 but I cannot find this in any of the pre-defined settings.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 06:52:04 PM by Daryle D »

Offline kockie

Re: Colorlight Receiver Card
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 03:39:13 PM »
I had the same problem and solved it somewhat the same as in the following video:
https://youtu.be/yhAwxyEqZlQ?t=83

just without opening the cvbs file
You have to press "save to receiver" in the screen parameters tab and the connection parameters tab
Errors above are made for entertaining readers only

English is not my native language.

Offline Daryle D

Re: Colorlight Receiver Card
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 06:51:35 PM »
I had the same problem and solved it somewhat the same as in the following video:
https://youtu.be/yhAwxyEqZlQ?t=83

just without opening the cvbs file
You have to press "save to receiver" in the screen parameters tab and the connection parameters tab

Thanks Kockie, that did the trick. I had followed that video before but had stopped as soon as I saved to the card the first time. I guess that will teach me to follow the instructions to completion. Who am I kidding, I'll make the same mistake on my next project. :) 

Thanks again.

Offline kockie

Re: Colorlight Receiver Card (RESOLVED)
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 12:13:28 AM »
you're welcome. Looks like we think the same way  ;D Glad to be alble to help someone out on this forum, already learned a lot here!