Author Topic: no mp4 audio, mp3 sound works fine  (Read 122 times)

Offline jc

• Kudos: 0
no mp4 audio, mp3 sound works fine
« on: July 18, 2019, 07:15:56 PM »
Hello everyone,
I'm new nice to meet yall! Not to brag or anything but ive got everything figured out! HAHAH just kidding, i cant get the audio to play on a mp4 video fseq. the sound works fine while sequencing in xlights and it works fine if i play it on the computer from the file itself but when i play the playlist there's no sound. I've made a mp3 sound file for the same sequence and put it on the FPP it works and the sound plays.

i'm using the bcm2835 ALSA onboard pi audio and the audio output mixer device is pcm and the OMXPlayer (mp4 playback) audio out put is ALSA no sound blaster or anything in the usb. this is a master remote set up, i have the fm [size=78%]transmitter[/size] on the master, the audio works fine on mp3 files. I have fpp 2.7.2 installed, i reloaded the micro sd card with FPP, [size=78%]i'm[/size] not using usb. The other thing i noticed is that the elapsed time and remaining time [size=78%]don't[/size] count down they stay at 00:00 while playing the mp4 however the lights are blinking and the sequence is running as expected (except for sound). Here are my questions; Is the audio supposed to play from the mp4 file or am i supposed to also make the mp3? Am i not uploading to FPP from xlights FPP connect properly, i have media and models checked? Am i supposed to use a sound blaster or some usb sound card for mp4 audio it to work?

thanks everyone!

James
Plano, TX

Offline jc

Re: no mp4 audio, mp3 sound works fine
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 07:27:17 PM »
weird deal? just incase you cant read those tiny little letters here is what the rest of that was suppose to say

Hello everyone,
I'm new nice to meet yall! Not to brag or anything but ive got everything figured out! HAHAH just kidding, i cant get the audio to play on a mp4 video fseq. the sound works fine while sequencing in xlights and it works fine if i play it on the computer from the file itself but when i play the playlist there's no sound. I've made a mp3 sound file for the same sequence and put it on the FPP it works and the sound plays.

i'm using the bcm2835 ALSA onboard pi audio and the audio output mixer device is pcm and the OMXPlayer (mp4 playback) audio out put is ALSA no sound blaster or anything in the usb. this is a master remote set up, i have the fm transmitter on the master, the audio works fine on mp3 files. I have fpp 2.7.2 installed, i reloaded the micro sd card with FPP, i'm not using usb. The other thing i noticed is that the elapsed time and remaining time don't count down they stay at 00:00 while playing the mp4 however the lights are blinking and the sequence is running as expected (except for sound). Here are my questions; Is the audio supposed to play from the mp4 file or am i supposed to also make the mp3? Am i not uploading to FPP from xlights FPP connect properly, i have media and models checked? Am i supposed to use a sound blaster or some usb sound card for mp4 audio it to work?

thanks everyone!

James
Plano, TX

Offline SCUBA

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2019, 02:41:44 PM »
my setup is as follows (same as yours):
Force HDMI DISPLAY: checked the box
Default Video output: HDMI
Omxplayer: ALSA
Audio output: bcm2835 ALSA.......
PCM
Audio output format: Default
External is the Micro

using version: v2.x-414-gdca56c47 (master branch) that may be the issue.  there was some issues with an earlier version

Offline mac50

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 2
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2019, 09:20:35 AM »
my setup is as follows (same as yours):
Force HDMI DISPLAY: checked the box
Default Video output: HDMI
Omxplayer: ALSA
Audio output: bcm2835 ALSA.......
PCM
Audio output format: Default
External is the Micro

using version: v2.x-414-gdca56c47 (master branch) that may be the issue.  there was some issues with an earlier version

Same setup here, on same master branch. Trying to setup quick and easy Halloween show using projector, but with mp3 audio out master,  mp4 video out  remote to projector.
MP4 file in video folder on remote. Play sequence on master and the remote status shows mp4 playing, timers stay 0:00, black video output.  After upping log level to the max, the fppd.log shows fpp calling omxplayer
to play the correct file. The sync packets arrive but the player never starts and the offset grows until sequence ends. My guess is you're not getting audio the same reason I'm not getting video, omxplayer not playing file.

EDIT: fixed mine by running commands listed in this message: https://falconchristmas.com/forum/index.php/topic,10832.msg98394.html#msg98394
sudo cp /usr/bin/omxplayer.bin /usr/bin/omxplayer.bin.fpp
sudo apt-get -y install omxplayer
sudo cp /usr/bin/omxplayer.bin.fpp /usr/bin/omxplayer.bin
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 08:32:49 PM by mac50 »