Author Topic: syncing xlights with a a projector  (Read 73 times)

Offline grjmmr

• Kudos: 0
syncing xlights with a a projector
« on: August 12, 2019, 03:51:51 PM »
I have a small Halloween show using a projector. Each year I add another video. A couple of years I realized with some time using After Effects I could sync my Singing pumpkins with other videos. IE: While my pumpkins are singing "Thriller" I am projecting the dance on another screen. Last year I bought a Falcon controller for other purposes and just realized I could use that to run LED around my house. Is there a way to sync the projector and the XLights together? I imagine this must have been addressed before I have found nothing. Maybe I am using the wrong key words.

Thank you in advance.

William

Offline Emuney18

• Kudos: 7
Re: syncing xlights with a a projector
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 06:18:55 PM »
I dont know all the details with a projector but yes you can.  I have a couple video clips on a matrix that are synced.  In xlights you have a model for the projector or matrix. You add a video effect and add the video clip. You can adjust the timing to match up just a clip.  Or you could use the mp4 video as the source for the music for both the video and the sound and just have the video playing at specific times.  Once you render the sequence the video will get embedded.  Im sure Im missing a bunch of details so hopefully someone will fill those in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline grjmmr

• Kudos: 0
Re: syncing xlights with a a projector
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 03:03:28 PM »
I will dig around you tube and see if I can find a tutorial. Thank you for your time.

~William