Author Topic: Renard RJ45 Cable  (Read 37 times)

Offline dennismccreery

• Kudos: 2
Renard RJ45 Cable
« on: August 15, 2019, 07:02:11 PM »
I've been banging my head against the wall, trying to make an Ethernet cable to hook my Falcon F16V3 to my Renard Plus TR24.  I was using this diagram to make the cable:

I also referenced the standard 568B connector like this:

In my stupidity, I didn't notice that the right side of the Renard cable in the picture above (standard 568B wiring) plugs into the Renard controller and the left side plugs into the F16V3.  My drawing above doesn't have the parenthetical note like this one: 

I just assumed that the wires needed to be swapped on  the Renard side, not on the Falcon side.  Drove me nuts and ended up making a few cables before I figured out that I should swap them end for end.  Works fine now.

Posting this so that no one else goes astray like I did.  Or for your amusement, assuming you already know how to do this.  I also discovered 2-piece Ethernet connectors with guides (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOPeMIxxE5U) which saved my life and eyes, so not all was wasted.

Regards,

Dennis the Menace
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 07:09:43 PM by dennismccreery »

Offline AAH

• Kudos: 19
  • Blinky blinky blinky
    • I love blinky lights
Re: Renard RJ45 Cable
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 08:30:58 PM »
If I was any good at drawing up pics then I'd draw up the bi-directional version of this. That would get rid of the need to pay attention to which end plugs into which.