Author Topic: SSC v4  (Read 2518 times)

Offline drlucas

• Developer
  • Kudos: 3
SSC v4
« on: October 03, 2014, 10:19:53 AM »
I'm having an issue after I program the SSC v4 with the 0.0.5 software.

I program it OK.... checksum e647. Then I go to the  v1.0.12 programmer. Select a ssc4 and set the start address as 1. Then program all SSC on hub. My test strip turns blue (I only have 5 lights on this little strip).

I then disconnect power and connect power again to the SSC. Fire up xlights and do a test and no lights happening. I move the jumper to test mode and the lights cycle.

I connected an older SSC that's already been programmed and it works under test mode. Has anyone else tried the 0.05 software with a SSCv4 connected to an active hub and FPD?

Ryan

Offline bakerlights

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 0
Re: SSC v4
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 07:31:51 AM »
I'm having an issue after I program the SSC v4 with the 0.0.5 software.

I program it OK.... checksum e647. Then I go to the  v1.0.12 programmer. Select a ssc4 and set the start address as 1. Then program all SSC on hub. My test strip turns blue (I only have 5 lights on this little strip).

I then disconnect power and connect power again to the SSC. Fire up xlights and do a test and no lights happening. I move the jumper to test mode and the lights cycle.

I connected an older SSC that's already been programmed and it works under test mode. Has anyone else tried the 0.05 software with a SSCv4 connected to an active hub and FPD?

I have the same issue, only difference in my setup is using Etherdongle to active hub.   I have tried on 3 different SSC v4 controllers same results, the controllers can be flashed back to v0.0.4 firmware and they work with the v1.0.12 grouping software.

Steve

Offline drlucas

• Developer
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 07:58:00 AM »
Thank you for confirming Steve!!  Given my setup and some of the issues I've had in the past I am losing a bit of self confidence in some areas. I spent the better part of last night after fighting with this cleaning up my bench and testing a few other lights I had. I'm stumped I can't find a v0.04 anywhere in my archives so hoping someone can flip me a copy of it and/or hopefully David can get a chance this weekend to look at the firmware and see if he can come up with a fix for us!!

I have the same issue, only difference in my setup is using Etherdongle to active hub.   I have tried on 3 different SSC v4 controllers same results, the controllers can be flashed back to v0.0.4 firmware and they work with the v1.0.12 grouping software.

Steve

Offline drlucas

• Developer
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 08:06:53 AM »
For fun, I just loaded the uSC firmware on the SSCv4 and test mode doesn't work, but looks like I can program the start address and get lights to output on my small test strip. Probably not what I'll stick with for the show, but good enough for me to get back to testing today. yeah for some small progress...not sure why I didn't try that yesterday.

Offline tomwb301

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 4
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 08:51:42 AM »
Had the same problem. Went back to v1.0.11 and had no problems in test mode or running sequence.
Tom
Crosby, Texas

Offline drlucas

• Developer
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2014, 09:40:57 AM »
I never tried the different programming software. I'll put v5 back on and try with the older config software. I think I have that lying around here still.

Offline twooly

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 12
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2014, 05:40:16 AM »
I'm seeing the same thing.  Something in the v5 firmware that is not working just right.  I can do the SSC v4 just fine for everything using .11 and .12 of the config program but not the v5 firmware.  I am just putting them back to v4 for the time being.

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 76
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2014, 06:15:17 AM »
Can you guys try 0.0.6. I think I had the variable that determines whether the code is for Zeus or SSCv4 set to Zeus.
http://falconchristmas.com/forum/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=36
PixelController, LLC
PixelController.com

Offline drlucas

• Developer
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2014, 06:26:50 AM »
I'll give it a whirl tonight when I get home from work.

Offline twooly

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 12
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2014, 07:22:58 AM »
That fixed it works fine now.  Thanks!

Offline drlucas

• Developer
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2014, 05:48:18 PM »
Looks good on my setup too!

Thanks for the fix!!!!

Now time to start mounting strips on my matrix and maybe, just maybe by the weekend I will be able to do some real time goodness.