Author Topic: Wish List for 2015  (Read 3651 times)

Offline twooly

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 12
Wish List for 2015
« on: October 07, 2014, 10:01:17 AM »
Couple things I would like to add to a wish list for next year

• Test function added to the v1-3 SSC firmware with the jumper like the v4
  • Able to send a test "packet" from the usc/ssc programmer software for a specific controller
  • DSC firmware with same basic functions as a SSC only its a DSC (test with jumper,remote reconfig)

Thanks and keep up the great work!

Offline MyKroFt

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 57
Re: Wish List for 2015
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 12:00:52 PM »
Dont think the older v123 will be getting any updates.  Just the micro and v4 for any bug fixes.  The jumper is used for a hardware config option and not test mode.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Offline drlucas

• Developer
  • Kudos: 3
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 05:51:03 PM »
I ended up buying one of Ray's 27 channel controllers instead of using the DSC because it was just easier for me...but if there was a DSC firmware, I'd be able to make use of it...I have 500 dumb nodes and 10 DSCs that I'm sure I can find good use for ;)

Ryan

Offline twooly

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 06:09:30 PM »

Dont think the older v123 will be getting any updates.  Just the micro and v4 for any bug fixes.  The jumper is used for a hardware config option and not test mode.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

I understand just a wish :)

I ended up buying one of Ray's 27 channel controllers instead of using the DSC because it was just easier for me...but if there was a DSC firmware, I'd be able to make use of it...I have 500 dumb nodes and 10 DSCs that I'm sure I can find good use for ;)

I also have a 27 controller, my dsc usage is for some remote items spread out so I'll still have them around.  A guy can wish right ;)

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 80
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 06:19:17 PM »
I will probably update SSCv1,2,3 for next year just to make it like the SSCv4 and uSC. There will be two versions when I do. One for SSCv1,2 and one for SSCv3. This is because we can no longer use the jumper to differentiate between the hardware.

As far as the DSC. I do not have any and do not plan to get any :(. They seem to be very expensive for three dumb channels. Like Tony said a 27 channel controller is 50.00. Both need to have a wire to connect the lights. That is about 1/3 the cost per channel. So I am not eager to tackle the DSC.
PixelController, LLC
PixelController.com

Offline Steve Gase

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 5
    • WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2014, 09:57:07 PM »
On the topic of 2015 wishes...  ;)

I'd like xLights test mode capabilities on the FPP...  select a range of channels, and a test pattern... and you've got lights!
http://WinterLightShow.com  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 214
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2014, 10:16:40 PM »
Steve, that is definitely on the 2015 TODO list.  :)
-
Chris

Offline drlucas

• Developer
  • Kudos: 3
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2014, 04:30:27 AM »
On the topic of 2015 wishes...  ;)

I'd like xLights test mode capabilities on the FPP...  select a range of channels, and a test pattern... and you've got lights!

This would definitely help! In the meantime  I created a simple R-G-B-All test sequence and made a playlist and schedule/repeat it in the FPP....saves me from having to run over and move a jumper to test mode on the F16s.

Since we are on the topic of wish lists....I've run into this issue twice now. The three core weather proof connectors that Ray has on his flex strips now have a different wiring scheme than the last batch....so I'm having to move my gnd and data wires on all the F16 ports. I don't figure there is a way to change in software which output is ground and which one is data is there?   OK, I also want to change the speed of light...wait I can do that already with xlights -LoL .

Sorry...just being silly!!  ....I do like the test patterns idea though :)

Offline twooly

• Supporting Member
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2014, 09:35:14 AM »
I will probably update SSCv1,2,3 for next year just to make it like the SSCv4 and uSC. There will be two versions when I do. One for SSCv1,2 and one for SSCv3. This is because we can no longer use the jumper to differentiate between the hardware.

As far as the DSC. I do not have any and do not plan to get any :(. They seem to be very expensive for three dumb channels. Like Tony said a 27 channel controller is 50.00. Both need to have a wire to connect the lights. That is about 1/3 the cost per channel. So I am not eager to tackle the DSC.

Awesome that would be great!

I can respect that, just a hope of mine to get to a single control panel :)

Offline taybrynn

• Kudos: 8
    • RockinChristmas Facebook Page
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2014, 08:59:46 PM »
DSC -  I'm with you David ...