Author Topic: Falcon SSC v4 start channel programming  (Read 6100 times)

Offline drlucas

• Developer
  • Kudos: 3
Re: Falcon SSC v4 start channel programming
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2014, 04:08:26 AM »
OK....I'm only 40 but damn my memory sucks.....I looked at the different chips and the one is a PIC24F08KL200 and the ssc is a  PIC24F04KA200. I'm really certain I did put that usc firmware on a few of the SSCs i have (not vice versa)....I think I had three of so of the v4 I couldn't program the start channel and that did get me through it. I should delete all my posts suggesting this though, so that when/if someone ever comes across this they know its not something you do or you risk catching your arm hairs on fire. Well...i just said that because that would be a really bad outcome and I don't want to steer people down the wrong path. I wasn't really joking about trying it. I'll see if I have any undeployed ssc v4s kicking around the shop still and if I do validate that I could do this, and that it worked. then i'll tell my self never to do that again

not sure what smiley suits this best...   :-X ;) :-[
Ryan

Offline hearthstonelights

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2016, 09:47:17 PM »
i know this thread is a few months old, but didn't want anyone to think i wasn't searching for my issue before i posted. please assist, thank you.

i am having issues programming my sscv4 with falcon firmware. i am using v0.0.6.hex i get the pulsing color change with program tab on,  when i remove program tab, they go out. i then program using the control panel, channel 1, channel 1,150 nodes,device type strings, forward,  standard grouping, program all. when i first tried this, the nodes would come on in rainbow pattern but were off on the channel start. i would have to use 4098 in xlightsv3 instead of 4097 and it still wasn't right.  needless to say, i reflashed the pic with dla firmware and the controller works fine. went back to falcon firmware, i get the pulsing color change when program jumper is on,  using the control panel with the same saved setup, no rainbow colors when i hit program, and  the lights come full on when i open a xlights or vixen and won't go off unless i unplug power.  i've tried several different sscv4 and all the same results.

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 74
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2016, 10:26:00 PM »
On the Falcon the jumper is not a program jumper it is to place controller in test mode only. For standard use and programming please remove.
PixelController, LLC
PixelController.com

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2016, 10:52:13 PM »
On the Falcon the jumper is not a program jumper it is to place controller in test mode only. For standard use and programming please remove.

thanks for the reply David, i understood that the jumper was for test mode. it works in test mode but when the jumper is off, it will not let me set the start channel or function beyond test mode

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2016, 12:31:22 AM »
Hmm. Not sure. It has been two years since I last even messed with a SSCV4. I only had one and I have since lost it. :( Maybe someone else has experience with SSCV4. What are you using to program it?

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 107
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2016, 05:51:18 AM »
Be sure to check the box to "Program ALL SSC on hub" if it is a new (unprogrammed) SSCv4 or you don't know its current start channel

Offline tbone321

• Kudos: 46
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2016, 02:51:01 PM »
Also make sure that when you check that box that it is the ONLY SSR4 connected at the time or they will all be programmed to the settings on the screen.

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2016, 04:32:56 PM »
the 2 sscv4 in question were new, they have been in a box until yesterday. i flashed them with dla firmware when i received them last year but they have not been used. all were programmed with channel 1 start channel and tested to confirm they worked and put into a box. yesterday i pulled them out to install falcon firmware and the 2 I've tried aren't working for me. i did have one working briefly, channel start was wrong, but it was running the effects i was putting through it. when i reflashed  the pic and tried programming again to correct the start channel, nothing. these are my settings in the falcon control panel:
i am using v0.0.6.hex  i am  programming using the control panel, channel 1, channel 1,150 nodes,device type=strings, forward,  standard grouping,  hit program all. only one ssc connected at a time.

i've also tried a working sscv3 and it didn't work either. i deleted the files and re downloaded  to start from scratch.

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2016, 04:40:13 PM »
What Pixelnet source are you using. EtherDongle? What version of Falcon Control Panel? I sent a PM.

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 107
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2016, 08:02:38 PM »
What version of the SSC programmer are you using? Be sure it is the newest.

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2016, 08:34:26 PM »
ether dongle for my pixelnet source using xlights and vixen.  control panel v1.0.12  i deleted the control panel and downloaded it again just to check so it is the latest version in the downloads section.

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2016, 10:07:03 PM »
SOLVED! thanks dave pitts for calling me and answering a lot of questions.

Offline taybrynn

• Kudos: 8
    • RockinChristmas Facebook Page
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2016, 07:57:29 AM »
what was the solution or problem ?

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2016, 08:35:41 AM »
what was the solution or problem ?

I flashed my active hub with falcon hub firmware so it was throwing it off. I put DLA firmware back on the hub and everything works fine now.

Offline taybrynn

• Kudos: 8
    • RockinChristmas Facebook Page
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2016, 04:39:41 PM »
your etherdongle is flashed for pixelnet 1-16k I'm assuming.