Author Topic: Issue Solved, LOR DMX universes to FPD and FP16  (Read 1157 times)

Offline dwetzel

• Kudos: 2
Issue Solved, LOR DMX universes to FPD and FP16
« on: December 03, 2014, 08:17:38 PM »
I have 4 strings of ws2811 150 nodes and 5 volts. They are 4 DMX universes in LOR. I have set the LOR network preferences for E1.31. Have the pi and FPD set to bridge mode (this is the second FPD the first has problems, I assembled both). Since the strings are 5 volts I am using the left side channels 12-16. I hooked up a spare string to channel 12 and it lights with the jumper in test, but I cant get the test from FPP to turn on the leds or LOR to turn on the leds. I have been struggling with this for a week. Help I wanted to turn on my show Thanksgiving night. I am very new to this rgb stuff, I purchased the FP16, FPD and pi hoping I made the right choice and not sure I got all that I needed. This group is awesome and I have learned a lot but I can't get this last network setup (I assume network issues) working. Sorry this is so long but I didn't know what is relevant.

Special Thanks to David Pitts and a long team viewer session.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 12:53:35 PM by dwetzel »

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 76
Re: LOR DMX universes to FPD and FP16
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 11:32:56 PM »
I have no LOR equipment but I am willing to try and help call me tomorrow. I sent PM.
PixelController, LLC
PixelController.com

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 124
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 04:55:40 AM »
... the pi and FPD set to bridge mode

If the FP is in bridge mode, when you output from LOR, you should see "Bytes Transferred" numbers incrementing in the Status Page.

Yes?  then the problem is farther down the line.
No?  then there is an LOR setup concern.

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 214
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 12:25:59 PM »
... the pi and FPD set to bridge mode

If the FP is in bridge mode, when you output from LOR, you should see "Bytes Transferred" numbers incrementing in the Status Page.

Yes?  then the problem is farther down the line.
No?  then there is an LOR setup concern.

I've also seen some people turn on bridge mode but not define any universes to receive the data.  The fact that they have to go to the channel output section to configure the universes is confusing and it is on the TODO list to fix this in 2015.

So, if you are using bridge mode, make sure you have created the same universes on the FPP side as you setup in LOR.  Then you'll see the counters going up as Jon on the status page as Jon mentioned.
-
Chris

Offline dwetzel

• Kudos: 2
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 12:51:05 PM »
Solved!! Spent time with David Pitts on team viewer. Able to get it all working, thank you David and all those with suggestions. It was configuration issues on FPD and FP16. Also LOR was running on 2 machines on the network. What an awesome group solving issues and making hardware for us neophytes.