Author Topic: New need help  (Read 2975 times)

Offline stancedz33

• Kudos: 0
Re: New need help
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2014, 05:16:53 PM »
Ask ray for a quote. The shipping isn't what it shows on the site.
i see some people buy lights from this site DIYLEDEXPRESS.com rather than aliexpress.com have you had any experience from them? whats your opinion?

Offline stancedz33

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2014, 05:17:42 PM »
If you go the uSC and hub route you will be able to drive 16 uSC's with each hub and each uSC can drive 100 pixels without a problem. More with power injection. Used to be more but newer nodes from ray take more power.
i see some people buy lights from this site DIYLEDEXPRESS.com rather than aliexpress.com have you had any experience from them? whats your opinion?

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• believe in miracles
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2014, 05:21:11 PM »
I have not bought anything from them. I do plan on it tho. I have only used ray and holiday coro.
Its a wonderful life.

Offline jnealand

• Developer
  • Kudos: 68
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2014, 05:28:22 PM »
You won't go wrong ordering lights from Ray.  Always email him with what you want and ask for a quote.  There is no penalty for asking for a better price once you get a quote.  I am a repeat customer and depending on what I am ordering and what time of the year I have gotten some discounts on per string prices and on the shipping.  YMMV.  I have received lights in about 10 days and as long as 24 days from the day I paid for them.

Since it is early in the year I would suggest you go ahead and buy 100 or 200 lights and give them a try before you start ordering large quantities.  Get used to the fact that ordering from China has a large shipping component.  I have just ordered 20 strings of 100 pixels and the shipping is $130.  It is what it is. 
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA all Falcon controllers, all 12v Master Remote Multisync with Pi and BBB P10 and P5