Author Topic: 2014 Zwiller vids  (Read 7669 times)

Offline zwiller

• Falcon Beta Team
  • Kudos: 13
2014 Zwiller vids
« on: January 03, 2015, 11:17:02 AM »
It's rather surreal to be able to post these...  I was planning on taking a year off as 2013 was brutal (understatement).  Long story short: family says throw one or 2 things up, repairs go well, and thanks to generosity of members here and other sites that had things I needed, I managed to pull together a show together for this year in a matter of a few weeks.

Typically I wait for snow, but today is bringing freezing rain all day so I shot these last night.   

Hit my freebie vimeo limit so here's 2 for now.  Both are "new" for this year.  Maybe 2 more in a week. 

This one is the popular one this year.  My attempt to be younger/pop oriented.  Might have overused shimmer a bit BUT this is the first time I ever got LSP to output it.  Thanks to FPP!
https://vimeo.com/115857387 

This one is my personal favorite being an old rocker and all...
https://vimeo.com/115859530

Thanks specifically to Jim Nealand, David Pitts, and Ryan Mitchell. 

Hope you enjoy!

Sam
 Last year's video: https://vimeo.com/150560653

Offline mkozik1

• Kudos: 1
Re: 2014 Zwiller vids
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 11:23:22 AM »
Nice job Sam !!  I see you added some new elements since I first saw your stuff!!  What floods did you end up going with? 
- Mark

Offline zwiller

• Falcon Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 12:46:38 PM »
Thanks Mark!  Floods are the aether IIs.  I think I need to cover the porch entrance a little better and plan on some 10w for that this coming season.  Was hoping the backlighting of the northstar would do the trick but it didn't.  I actually went all rgb last year and the layout was basically the same but it was a huge fail so I will take the new elements compliment and run with it!!! 

Online David Pitts

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 77
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 12:53:43 PM »
Very nice. Great sequencing. If I had half of your talent I would be happy. :)
PixelController, LLC
PixelController.com

Offline drlucas

• Developer
  • Kudos: 3
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 01:04:07 PM »
Love the use of the floods - but the strobes fire at a very opportunistic time. I'm starting my sequencing in March this year. My house can look like this I'm sure of it. I just need some serious patience and time to get the sequencing nailed. Less time on hardware this year - more time on software. Top notch show. Well done.
Ryan

Offline jnealand

• Developer
  • Kudos: 68
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 02:07:27 PM »
Those arches never looked that good in my yard.  Maybe it was my crappy sequencing.  Good job.

I wonder what you could do with a pixel tree?  That's a 2015 challenge for you.

Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA all Falcon controllers, all 12v Master Remote Multisync with Pi and BBB P10 and P5

Offline mkozik1

• Kudos: 1
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 02:23:11 PM »
Floods are the aether IIs. 

Ugh - Never did get a chance to get any of those!  Really bright and look great!

Online twooly

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 12
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2015, 05:49:24 PM »
Sam your sequencing always blows me away.  Awesome job!

I have a love hate relationship with my aethers.  Don't know why but every year they lose their start channel and I have to do that and it's always a pain to get them to stick.  Trying to come up with an idea for a flood to run from a dsc or Ray 27.  But I love the coverage of the aethers

Offline Steve Gase

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 5
    • WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2015, 06:24:05 PM »
Sam, that was great!
Loved the use of the floods... but the use of shadows against the floods, and the mixing of contrasting colors blew me away.  well done!!
http://WinterLightShow.com  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline zwiller

• Falcon Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2015, 08:12:14 AM »
Very nice. Great sequencing. If I had half of your talent I would be happy. :)
Thanks David.  You have plenty of talent!  Without yours I would not have a show at all.  Seriously, a huge thank you for the falcon gear!!!

Offline zwiller

• Falcon Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2015, 08:43:02 AM »
Love the use of the floods - but the strobes fire at a very opportunistic time. I'm starting my sequencing in March this year. My house can look like this I'm sure of it. I just need some serious patience and time to get the sequencing nailed. Less time on hardware this year - more time on software. Top notch show. Well done.

Thanks.  No strobes tho.  I think you might be talking my spots.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/10W-Underwater-LED-White-Flood-Light-Garden-Pond-Pool-Waterproof-Spot-Lamp-12V-/161368429577?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item25924ed409  Hope to convert them to rgb this season. 

The key to nailing a sequence is a good beat track.  Everything falls into place around it.  You'd be surprised how quickly a sequence can be done after that.

Offline zwiller

• Falcon Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2015, 09:05:51 AM »
Those arches never looked that good in my yard.  Maybe it was my crappy sequencing.  Good job.

I wonder what you could do with a pixel tree?  That's a 2015 challenge for you.

Thanks Jim.  I still need to tweak the arches in my sequences as there were more channels sequenced than used but I think they turned out pretty good.  Thanks again for the strips! 

Already have the nodes and controllers for a pixel tree, just never got it built.  In fact, some of sequences already have it.  Need to learn some NC and get some of them mega strips and then we'll see... 

Offline drlucas

• Developer
  • Kudos: 3
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2015, 10:09:11 AM »

Thanks.  No strobes tho.  I think you might be talking my spots.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/10W-Underwater-LED-White-Flood-Light-Garden-Pond-Pool-Waterproof-Spot-Lamp-12V-/161368429577?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item25924ed409  Hope to convert them to rgb this season. 

The key to nailing a sequence is a good beat track.  Everything falls into place around it.  You'd be surprised how quickly a sequence can be done after that.
I see. I see.

I think I had a flash back to once upon a time when you were thinking of mr16 and doing strobes with it. Thought you had it in the show. Now I get what those whites are in your show.

Can't wait to see what xlights4 brings with respect to creating a beat track.

Offline zwiller

• Falcon Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2015, 10:11:59 AM »
Sam your sequencing always blows me away.  Awesome job!

I have a love hate relationship with my aethers.  Don't know why but every year they lose their start channel and I have to do that and it's always a pain to get them to stick.  Trying to come up with an idea for a flood to run from a dsc or Ray 27.  But I love the coverage of the aethers

Thanks Todd!  I guess I am lucky, my aethers have been solid.  I would certainly get other options if they did that to me. 

Offline zwiller

• Falcon Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2015, 10:20:27 AM »
Sam, that was great!
Loved the use of the floods... but the use of shadows against the floods, and the mixing of contrasting colors blew me away.  well done!!

Thanks Steve.  Keen eye.  The color contrasting was not really well captured on video.  Much cooler live in person.