Author Topic: 2014 Zwiller vids  (Read 7650 times)

Offline zwiller

• Falcon Beta Team
  • Kudos: 13
Re: 2014 Zwiller vids
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2015, 10:23:00 AM »

Love the use of the floods - but the strobes fire at a very opportunistic time. I'm starting my sequencing in March this year. My house can look like this I'm sure of it. I just need some serious patience and time to get the sequencing nailed. Less time on hardware this year - more time on software. Top notch show. Well done.

Thanks.  No strobes tho.  I think you might be talking my spots.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/10W-Underwater-LED-White-Flood-Light-Garden-Pond-Pool-Waterproof-Spot-Lamp-12V-/161368429577?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item25924ed409  Hope to convert them to rgb this season. 

The key to nailing a sequence is a good beat track.  Everything falls into place around it.  You'd be surprised how quickly a sequence can be done after that.
I see. I see.

I think I had a flash back to once upon a time when you were thinking of mr16 and doing strobes with it. Thought you had it in the show. Now I get what those whites are in your show.

Can't wait to see what xlights4 brings with respect to creating a beat track.

Your flashback was right, but I never got the strobes done.  Trying to get some strobing firmware written for this: http://www.renard-plus.com/renardplusrgbw.html 
Sam
 Last year's video: https://vimeo.com/150560653

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Kudos: 0
  • believe in miracles
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2015, 05:03:11 PM »
That was a great display of how to do floods. The sequences were awesome. Maybe give a couple of us some tutoring. Great Job!!!
Its a wonderful life.

Offline zwiller

• Falcon Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2015, 02:43:44 PM »
Thanks.  I do like my floods...  What kind of tutoring do you have in mind?

Offline rdebolt

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 3
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2015, 04:44:11 PM »

What kind of tutoring do you have in mind?

Come over to my house, set it up, sequence all of my songs and take it down after the first of the year!  ;)   ;D

Roger

Offline jnealand

• Developer
  • Kudos: 68
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2015, 05:24:38 PM »
Get in line Roger.  I'll settle for just sending my nutcracker config files up and have Sam do a couple of sequences.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA all Falcon controllers, all 12v Master Remote Multisync with Pi and BBB P10 and P5

Offline rdebolt

• Supporting Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2015, 05:29:53 PM »

Get in line Roger.  I'll settle for just sending my nutcracker config files up and have Sam do a couple of sequences.

I agree Jim, but I am ahead of you!  ;)   

Offline drlucas

• Developer
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2015, 06:14:51 PM »
....and I was just going to settle with timing marks.

Since we are looking at our wish lists, I have a bunch of work I want to do to my roof...I sure hope you aren't afraid of heights.
Ryan

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• believe in miracles
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2015, 06:19:50 PM »
that's what I was talking about.   

Offline arw01

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2015, 12:13:47 AM »
How about a behind scenes video Sam?  I just don't get that color saturation out of my Aethers at all..

Offline zwiller

• Falcon Beta Team
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2015, 06:45:48 AM »
Roger, ever see the Karate Kid?  ;D

Alan, all is white here now and I am out of space at Vimeo.  Will try and remember to shoot some behind the scenes pics but I am using 5 aethers.  Cheesy pic attached.  I did alot of testing ad I think the best results I got were about 3' away from the house 45 degrees or so.  No lenses on mine.  The 2 on the ground are on 2' stands (huge improvement), the 2 on the second floor are nested in the gutters aimed toward windows slightly, and the last is in the porch entrance facing the door.  I spent some time tweaking them until I was happy.  I think the 2nd floor aethers are about 4.5' from the house.  If more time allowed I would fashion "barn doors" to better control the second floor.   I would have to say the locations are obvious in the video starting around 0:36 https://vimeo.com/115859530

Offline rdebolt

• Supporting Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2015, 10:23:10 AM »

Roger, ever see the Karate Kid?  ;D

LMAO..... AGAIN!! ^^^^^

AND Yes I have!  ;)

Roger

Offline apollosmith

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2015, 05:11:46 PM »
I signed up for an account here just so I could post and say how much I *LOVE* your show. The sequencing, floods, timing, everything is spot on. This is the exact look and style that I'm going for. I have my Pi and controllers, and the lights are ordered. I've already begun sequencing for next year and testing out FPP. Thanks for the inspiration! I'm looking forward to the rest of your videos.

Do you have any build info on your star? I love the back lighting on it and the diffuse look - I'm curious how you put it together.

Offline txag2008

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2015, 08:44:32 AM »
Very very well done again this year!

I may have missed it, but what did you use to sequence? XL? Vixen?

Offline zwiller

• Falcon Beta Team
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2015, 04:18:37 PM »
I signed up for an account here just so I could post and say how much I *LOVE* your show. The sequencing, floods, timing, everything is spot on. This is the exact look and style that I'm going for. I have my Pi and controllers, and the lights are ordered. I've already begun sequencing for next year and testing out FPP. Thanks for the inspiration! I'm looking forward to the rest of your videos.

Do you have any build info on your star? I love the back lighting on it and the diffuse look - I'm curious how you put it together.

Well shucks...  Thank you. 

I woulda used the Holiday Coro star but it was too big.  My build pics are on a backup of my old phone that I am having issues with.  The star is made of 3/8" exterior ply.  It is 2" deep with a fluorescent light diffusor front panel.  It is lit with rectangular modules.  The backlighting is comprised of rectangular modules outlining the star.  I used some scrap 1/2" pvc and hot glued (4) 4" pieces to the back for the reveal/standoffs.  The star is mounted over an octangular shaped window with a piece of coro over I added for diffusion.  Originally I was concerned that the star would not be bright enough compared to the other elements, but as you can tell from the video it is actually the brightest thing in the show.  (and I like that)  ;D

Hope you enjoy hanging here at Falcon and good luck with your show!

Offline zwiller

• Falcon Beta Team
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2015, 04:22:11 PM »
Very very well done again this year!

I may have missed it, but what did you use to sequence? XL? Vixen?

Thanks!  LSP for sequencing.