Author Topic: What Node is Everyone Having Success With?  (Read 3461 times)

Offline smeighan

• Developer
  • Kudos: 11
    • Nutcracker123
Re: What Node is Everyone Having Success With?
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2015, 03:31:27 PM »
best was tm1804 bullet's

next tm1809 flex

next ws2811 12v flex

that is all i have in my show
Sean
Littleton, CO Latest releases http://nutcracker123.com/nutcracker/releases xLights/Nutcracker Forum http://nutcracker123.com/forum/index.php Facebook [url=https://www.facebook.com/groups

Offline tomwb301

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 4
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2015, 04:32:41 PM »
Hands down best were the TM 1804 IC
Had a lot of failure with the TM 1809 IC but Ray Wu made good on them. Once I got past the failures the Flex Strips worked great.
Tom
Crosby, Texas

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 127
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2015, 07:51:55 PM »
Quick question: What did you use on your roof on the left side? Strips of pixels with a border around the edge? Or is the end pixel of each string the border effect?

In the video? The roof had a full perimeter of TM1804 based square metal pixels. I used black coroplast strips from Holiday Coro. They are stapled to my shingles. Because it is Coroplast, the two strip ends that butt against each other have matching sets of holes, so I stuck two large, galvanized finishing nails (4d, 6d, ??? don't remember) to keep them aligned. The larger nail head is a tight fit in that coroplast flute. I push it in about 1/2 way. Then the pointy end of the nail goes down into the other piece, keeping them aligned. I'll look for a picture if that isn't descriptive enough.

Then, the metal squares are adhesive backed. They are stuck to the coroplast pretty tightly. I didn't pull them tightly apart, which has left enough length for splice repairs if a node failed (water induced every time).

Offline drlucas

• Developer
  • Kudos: 3
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2015, 05:03:36 AM »
Quick question: What did you use on your roof on the left side? Strips of pixels with a border around the edge? Or is the end pixel of each string the border effect?

In the video? The roof had a full perimeter of TM1804 based square metal pixels. I used black coroplast strips from Holiday Coro. They are stapled to my shingles. Because it is Coroplast, the two strip ends that butt against each other have matching sets of holes, so I stuck two large, galvanized finishing nails (4d, 6d, ??? don't remember) to keep them aligned. The larger nail head is a tight fit in that coroplast flute. I push it in about 1/2 way. Then the pointy end of the nail goes down into the other piece, keeping them aligned. I'll look for a picture if that isn't descriptive enough.

Then, the metal squares are adhesive backed. They are stuck to the coroplast pretty tightly. I didn't pull them tightly apart, which has left enough length for splice repairs if a node failed (water induced every time).

Have any up close pics? the way I did my roof was with 1x3 strapping and am taking it down this year and doing something differing. Staples to shingles doesn't seem like a bad idea if they can come out easy enough.
Ryan

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 127
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2015, 08:53:53 AM »
All about using the right length staple and stapling into thicker layers to avoid reaching the wooden deck.

Offline drlucas

• Developer
  • Kudos: 3
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2015, 04:23:37 PM »
....and not stapling the wires ;-)

I was thinking for next year run my roof with strips to build a grid and have one strap across the top and then run the strips down. The challenge i see is if it snows lights being buried will be a problem (my current solution has the lights up off the roof). Also right now I use 430 nodes at standard spacing to outline the roof so if I did what I wanted I would have to buy a lot of lights even at 12" spacing. Wonder if I could get 120 lights to run with 12" spacing between nodes