Author Topic: 2014 - Lights on Orangewood videos  (Read 1330 times)

Offline txag2008

• Kudos: 0
2014 - Lights on Orangewood videos
« on: January 09, 2015, 12:15:06 PM »
Videos from 2014, my first year up and running in North Dallas.  All are RGB lights using DIYLA SmartString controllers.  Lights are a combination of TM1804 bullet nodes and Technicolor v2.  Everything is sequenced with Vixen 3.1.   

https://www.youtube.com/user/LightsofNazareth/videos

Although I didn't use any Falcon hardware (plan on changing that for next year...) I did flash all of my DIYLA SSCs with the Falcon SSC firmware and it solved the issue I was having.  (Issue: My Technicolor v2 strings were BGR instead of RGB.  I wasn't able to successfully change the color order within the firmware and since I used Vixen 3.1 instead of Xlights there was no easy solution).

If you frequent the DIYLA board you may have already seen my videos posted, but I wanted to come here and give praise/thanks to the Falcon developers for the firmware I used.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 12:20:02 PM by txag2008 »

Offline zwiller

• Falcon Beta Team
  • Kudos: 13
Re: 2014 - Lights on Orangewood videos
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 04:30:06 PM »
Dig the keyboard/matrix roof in Nutrocker!  NICE JOB and TIGHT!  I think it was you the started it...  I love the sidewalk from 2013!!! 
Sam
 Last year's video: https://vimeo.com/150560653

Offline drlucas

• Developer
  • Kudos: 3
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 07:44:19 PM »
Dig the keyboard/matrix roof in Nutrocker!  NICE JOB and TIGHT!  I think it was you the started it...  I love the sidewalk from 2013!!!

Now that's how the piano effect is supposed to work Sean. See that!!!   (I'm just teasing Sean!!!)

great work - how far apart are those pixels? Was that a custom order from Ray, or a lot of splicing yourself?
Ryan

Offline txag2008

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 12:19:04 PM »
Thanks for the comments.

I think it was you the started it... I love the sidewalk from 2013!!!
I did do just my sidewalks last year.  No sequencing to music though or any other elements.

great work - how far apart are those pixels? Was that a custom order from Ray, or a lot of splicing yourself?
I assume you're referring to the roof lights? There are 12 strands, each strand has 40 nodes with 20cm spacing from node to node and all roof & sidewalk nodes have faucted clear screw-on C9 covers.  Lights were from Ray,  I don't know what typical spacing is, I just specified what I wanted.

Offline drlucas

• Developer
  • Kudos: 3
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 06:24:38 PM »
That was exactly what I was looking for....I have some crazy ideas to redo my roof next year. one thought (and I'm NOT doing it because of the weight) was to put my big matrix on the roof, the better idea is custom spaced nodes. Never thought of C9s on them though...might help make them last a year or two longer too. hmmmm....back to the drawing board to see what I can dream up. thanks for the info. I may ping Ray in the next week or three and get some estimates from what I want to do.