Author Topic: Falcon Smart String Utility with v2 SSC and WS2811 Pixels  (Read 1582 times)

Offline tlh

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 0
Falcon Smart String Utility with v2 SSC and WS2811 Pixels
« on: September 08, 2013, 08:45:45 AM »
Has anyone had success using the Falcon alternative firmware with a v2 Smart String Controller to operate WS2811 pixels?  I am trying to finalize my display layout and want to determine whether I will need to use F-16s or updated SSCs (with SSHubs).  Some elements of the display are spread out (eaves and rooftops), so using the SSCs would be an attractive option.  The lights will be a combination of Ray's and Dave's (HolidayCoro) WS2811 LED technicolor (FirePix) strings and 5m RGB (Smart/Pixel LED) 12v Strips.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!
Terry

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 80
Re: Falcon Smart String Utility with v2 SSC and WS2811 Pixels
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 12:59:15 PM »
I have. You need to have the jumper on for ssc 1 and ssc 2. Jumper off for version 3.
PixelController, LLC
PixelController.com

Offline tlh

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 0
Re: Falcon Smart String Utility with v2 SSC and WS2811 Pixels
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 07:21:51 PM »
I have. You need to have the jumper on for ssc 1 and ssc 2. Jumper off for version 3.

That's great news, Dave, thank you.  Also, thanks for your help several weeks back helping me get ready for the Mississippi Mini. Although an ID 10 t operator error prevented a live demonstration (I could not access the FPP directly as I was using the wrong IP address), I have been playing with it since.  Looking forward to using it (and the other Falcon equipment) this season.