Author Topic: MADRIX  (Read 6427 times)

Offline bajadahl

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 2
Re: MADRIX
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2015, 07:42:10 PM »
Ok this didn't take long file is attached.

This is a simple 10 x 10 matrix Starting at Universe 1 Channel 1.  Top Half Green and Bottom Half Red I then  swapped them a few times. It ran at 20 FPS and duration was 11:18 (Seconds:Frames

Caution Note:  I changed the extension so that I could upload it.  The File extension was .mrec for (Matrix Recording)  I have changed it to .txt just for the upload.  It is not a simple text file.

Alan

Offline bajadahl

• Supporting Member
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2015, 07:47:46 PM »
I'm a little slow tonight.  Here it is again just zipped up to preserve the file type.

Offline arw01

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2015, 11:51:36 PM »
So if you go in with a hex editor and flip some of those reds to blue, say 5 or ten in a row, does it still play it ok now with blue so you have some idea of the integrity checking of the file too?

Online CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 180
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2015, 12:00:15 AM »
So if you go in with a hex editor and flip some of those reds to blue, say 5 or ten in a row, does it still play it ok now with blue so you have some idea of the integrity checking of the file too?

The file size was only 267 bytes which isn't even enough for a full frame of data for 100 RGB pixels, so it isn't raw channel data in the file.  It must be more along the line of the Nutcracker xml file listing effects rather than the .xseq/.fseq channel data file.
-
Chris

Online dkulp

• Developer
  • Kudos: 68
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2015, 02:52:39 AM »
Looking at the user manual, it sounds like the mrec files are some sort of compressed form similar to mpegs with reference frames and some sort of RLE.   Without help from them, there isn't much we'd be able to do.  (if someone wants to contact them about getting docs for the file format, that would be great).

The manual also mentions converting them to dxd files for Plexus (DMX Data files).   Could you try converting one and sending that along?     I wonder if that's more in line with what we'd need.
Dan Kulp

Offline nsunier

• nathanael.sunier.net
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2015, 03:47:20 AM »
I also saw that there is a "PLEXUS Conversion" tab inside the Recording windows. I generated a *.dxd file from this *.mrec file. In addition I also found on Internet a specification of this format!

I think it should be possible now to convert it.  :)
Lighting Designer / grandMA Programmer

Offline jholmes

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2016, 01:59:08 PM »
Hey what is the latest on this? Did we ever crack MADRIX to work on Pi?