Author Topic: 2015 - Christmas Expo - Nutcracker/Xlights/Falcon  (Read 1894 times)

Offline Zman

• Kudos: 0
    • Woodinville Wonderland
2015 - Christmas Expo - Nutcracker/Xlights/Falcon
« on: June 08, 2015, 10:08:56 AM »
There have been a few questions about how to meet up with the NC/XL/Falcon gang at the show. The NC/XL /Falcon developers, tools and information will be available via class sessions and their demo area. Both will require an educational pass (individual day or multi-day).  Please note that the General Admission/Exhibit Hall pass will not get you into the education area. If you're not sure which day or days you want to come, educational passes will be available on site at the event.

Class descriptions should be posted later this week.
Mark Zembruski
www.WoodinvilleWonderland.com LOR - Lynx - Sandevice - J1Sys - Madrix - Advatek  I have the C.L.A.P. - Do You? ~ Christmas is not a time ~ It's a state of mind ~

Offline tbone321

• Kudos: 50
Re: 2015 - Christmas Expo - Nutcracker/Xlights/Falcon
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 10:41:27 AM »
post removed
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 10:52:17 AM by tbone321 »

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 214
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 01:09:16 PM »
We will be using the area that Mark mentioned for a few different things:

- Repeats of scheduled sessions - If you can't attend the scheduled sessions for xLights/Nutcracker or the Falcon Player, you will be able to come to the demo area at a different time for a repeat (or a preview possibly) of the scheduled classroom session.

- Mini sessions - In addition to the hour-long scheduled sessions, we will have some mini sessions to focus on specific topics such as installation, specific features, etc..

- Free Time - We want to provide a time for general Q&A, installation help, and other non-structured communication as well as demos, so we're planning on doing this between the sessions.

We're working on nailing down the schedule and mini-session topics now and will post something once we have the schedule worked out. The mini sessions should coincide with the beginning of other regular scheduled sessions to make it easier to fit things in.  Mini's will normally be 15 minutes with some being a little longer depending on the topic being covered.

-
Chris

Offline Greg.Ca

• Kudos: 1
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 04:13:14 PM »
OK, just signed up as my schedule freed up. Where is everybody staying?  Is there a hotel real close to the exhibit hall?

--Greg--

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 09:14:04 PM »
OK, just signed up as my schedule freed up. Where is everybody staying?  Is there a hotel real close to the exhibit hall?

I think a lot of people from Expo are at the Hawthorn Suites on South University Drive.  I decided to pay with points so I'm a mile or so away from there at Springhill Suites.  I'm sure there are closer hotels to the convention center but probably at a bit higher price.

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 127
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 02:07:26 PM »
Weather forecast for Fort Worth during the EXPO is:

HOT

Clear blue Texas skies, only a minimal chance of any rain, temps may reach 100F.  Night time down near 80F.

Bring shorts. T-shirts. 

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 04:29:22 PM »