Author Topic: My P10 panels  (Read 1811 times)

Offline Gerry

• Developer
  • Kudos: 3
My P10 panels
« on: June 29, 2015, 05:33:56 AM »
Hello,

I have my P10 panels working !
Below is a link to a short video showing it working with a few effects chucked on , but my point and shoot  camera does not it any justice and probably is not keeping up with the fps.
The actual effects are very smooth and bright.

I currently have 4 panels connected to a Beaglebone (BBB) running the Falcon player and running a short xLights sequence. I have another 4 panels  which I will add to this.

Nothing new for many of you , but I am most rapped as a newbee , considering that at of the beginning of last month , I was just starting with xLights and had never actually seen either a PI or heard off a BBB and now them both up with sequences  running with these panels! All because of the huge amount of information shared on this and other forums.

Many thanks to Darylc who demonstrated the entire setup at the Sydney mini and AussiePhil and others who provided invaluable guidance on installing and configuring the image , FP software , plus others who advised on configuration details and where to get bits and pieces.

AAH also helped by soldering the pins and thingys on the Octoscroller  this weekend, which was beyond my basic soldering ability.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xcdikswg804im25/MVI_5395.MOV?dl=0
Gerry

Offline patdelaney

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 9
Re: My P10 panels
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 06:30:48 AM »
Good work!

Offline Voltorb

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 06:47:06 AM »
There sure are a great bunch of people here!  I've been doing the blinky flashy thing for a few years now, but I have never had as much fun as I have in the last few months playing with the P10 panels. Great job!
John

Offline AussiePhil

• Kudos: 11
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 07:22:27 PM »
There sure are a great bunch of people here!  I've been doing the blinky flashy thing for a few years now, but I have never had as much fun as I have in the last few months playing with the P10 panels. Great job!

It's them Aussies pushing the technical boundaries all the time.......

P10 :) so last year :) P5 is where it's at

BTW: even though I said it over on ACL, nice job and thanks for the thanks :)

Offline drlucas

• Developer
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 07:58:00 PM »
I was going to say that all your videos are backwards! I think Gil/Dan/Sean are going to have to create an "Aussie" checkbox to reverse the flow of the effects in xlights....then I realized my silly Simpsons reference about water in a toilet bowl swirling the opposite way might not be as funny!!

Curious to know what all those components are on the desk attached to the power supply? Is it some sort of inverter or something?
Ryan