Author Topic: debug reportzip files - how/where to submit  (Read 1249 times)

Offline AussiePhil

• Kudos: 11
debug reportzip files - how/where to submit
« on: July 12, 2015, 03:47:02 AM »
Sean,

Started playing with some large P10 models and been crashing regularly. I have been generating the dbgrpt zip files but have no idea where to send them or if they are automatically sent off.

Cheers
Phil

Offline drlucas

• Developer
  • Kudos: 3
Re: debug reportzip files - how/where to submit
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 06:06:43 AM »
Edited because my comment was unrelated...sorry - need morning coffee before posting!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 10:15:41 AM by drlucas »
Ryan

Offline Gerry

• Developer
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 06:09:32 AM »
Hi phill,

Post it on the xlights bugs sub menu

http://nutcracker123.com/forum/

What was the last thing u did before it crashed ?

Also , on your setup, try simply defining a single block of channels of type NULL.

Gerry

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker123
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 08:10:37 AM »
Phil, falcon developers hang out here, xlights developers hang out on www.nutcracker123.com/forum. I assume u mean xlights is crashing trying to create a large channel sequence? We need the drug crash files and a description of what effects on what model. I assume u might have just one big matrix? How big is it? If we can duplicate the crash Dan or Gil can fix it. I have tested 120,000 channel matrices and they worked. I will retry test
Sean
Littleton, CO Latest releases http://nutcracker123.com/nutcracker/releases xLights/Nutcracker Forum http://nutcracker123.com/forum/index.php Facebook [url=https://www.facebook.com/groups

Offline Gerry

• Developer
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2015, 05:14:46 PM »
Hi  Phil,

Your crash may be unrelated to the matrix as I have mine working quite well , thought it is 9 panels only.

As Sean said , post on the nutcracker forum...

Offline AussiePhil

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2015, 06:09:38 PM »
Phil, falcon developers hang out here, xlights developers hang out on www.nutcracker123.com/forum. I assume u mean xlights is crashing trying to create a large channel sequence? We need the drug crash files and a description of what effects on what model. I assume u might have just one big matrix? How big is it? If we can duplicate the crash Dan or Gil can fix it. I have tested 120,000 channel matrices and they worked. I will retry test

Sean,

Thanks, posted here purely for the advice on where to post.

So my interpretation is that the issue and debug files be posted over on the nutcracker forum. No worries will do when I get home tonight

For curious people the issue seems to be:
define Null controller of 40k channels, set one matrix of 6x3 panels and a second of 4x2.
Simple animated sequence using 40fps (thanks for fps :) ), 30 seconds long,
add timing marks at 10 and 20 seconds
drop in text effect, set up three lines of text.
Now add a couple other effects, maybe even layer effects with text... tried layered and unlayered.
Save sequence
all good at this point, play around some more, save sequence, still good.... close down xl4... at this point I've had a consistent freeze on two different machines, both with windows 8.1Pro.
After the freeze and crash the rgbeffects file ends up empty.

Second scenario has been.
Open XL4, drag all the small windows on the left onto a separate monitor to free up screen real estate, especially the preview screen.
set up models etc as above.
drag the dots/searchlight effect onto a model, go and click on properties of the effect and I have got a consistent crash.

I will repost these with associated debug files over on nutcracker this evening

Cheers
Phil

Offline Gerry

• Developer
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2015, 06:22:51 PM »
Hi Phil,

I had a similar issue week before last for text effects with  more than one line . It kept crashing.

I wanted to see how it looked on the panels .

I had no issues for any other effects or a single line text , so I posted that issue (not sure if it has been fixed as yet) and stopped using the text effect and instead tried other effects.