Author Topic: Interest Thread - Beaglebone Black Available in Limited Qty at Expo  (Read 1648 times)

Offline Voltorb

• Kudos: 3
I have 14 BeagleBone Black computers I am willing to deliver to interested parties at the Expo.  This will be on a first come first served basis.  The cost will be $45.  Cash is preferred.  If you have interest, please post here.  I don't want to bring them if there is no interest.  Deadline is Wednesday 7/15 at noon Eastern. Thanks!

John

NameQty
Steve Gase3
mararunr1
bajadahl3

Orders closed.  I'll have a few extras with me. 
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 12:50:20 PM by Voltorb »
John

Offline Steve Gase

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 5
    • WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Re: Interest Thread - Beaglebone Black Available in Limited Qty at Expo
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 07:32:16 PM »
good price.
put me down for 3. :)
http://WinterLightShow.com  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline mararunr

• Kudos: 14
    • Bentonville Heart Lites
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 07:57:20 PM »
I'll take 1.  I think you will be there Wed for set up so will technically catch you before the Expo then I can spend 3 days learning more about what I just paid for (I'm behind on the BBB part of Falcon).  May take 2 if I learn quick enough and have uses for 2. :-)
Bentonville Heart Lites (www.facebook.com/bheartlites)
 This is just my opinion/suggestion/viewpoint.  Others with other viewpoints/experiences may have different advice.  I am a hobbyist with a couple years real world experience, not an expert.

Offline Voltorb

• Kudos: 3
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 08:10:44 PM »
We don't get in to Love Field until 10:45.  See you bright and early Thursday though.

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 126
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 09:49:47 PM »
I'll take 1.  I think you will be there Wed for set up so will technically catch you before the Expo then I can spend 3 days learning more about what I just paid for (I'm behind on the BBB part of Falcon).  May take 2 if I learn quick enough and have uses for 2. :-)
I'll be there Wednesday and can share what I've learned about the BBB. Currently using the two I own for a P10/Octoscroller and a F16-B.

Offline bajadahl

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 2
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 06:28:04 AM »
I'll take 3 also. 

Jon - I'll be looking to pick your brain some while we are setting up on Wednesday.   I've already built the capes I bought but had never gotten around to picking up some BBBs to actually mount them to.

Alan

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 126
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 07:05:56 AM »
The amount I know about Linux and Debian is limited, but I have had great luck with the Pi and BBB.  Great tools, each with their strong and weak points.

Offline Steve Gase

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 5
    • WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2015, 08:00:19 AM »
I'll take 3 also. 

Jon - I'll be looking to pick your brain some while we are setting up on Wednesday.   I've already built the capes I bought but had never gotten around to picking up some BBBs to actually mount them to.

Alan
A BBB-Cape-P10 mini-session would be great. 

I've got the pieces but had a problem getting a BBB to load with the cape attached, and put it off in the corner.
So, some debugging and part-swapping to verify parts against a known working config would be nice.

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 214
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2015, 08:12:34 AM »
A BBB-Cape-P10 mini-session would be great. 

I've got the pieces but had a problem getting a BBB to load with the cape attached, and put it off in the corner.
So, some debugging and part-swapping to verify parts against a known working config would be nice.

I will have an alpha version of BBB SD and eMMC images with me at Expo for testing.  They still need refining, so they are considered alpha instead of beta, but I think they are good to get the P10 and F16-B/F4-B working.  We can try those or at least get the normal BBB image installed so the FPP_Install.sh script can be run.
-
Chris