Author Topic: Thanks to all those who helped at Expo this past week  (Read 1261 times)

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 214
Thanks to all those who helped at Expo this past week
« on: July 21, 2015, 03:48:42 PM »
Before it gets too far down the calendar, I wanted to say thanks to all of you who brought controllers, lights, LED panels, power cords, networking gear, tables (yes, tables), banners, zip ties, monitors, tools, etc., to the Expo last week.  It was a great load off our minds to know that we had all the hardware and display items available.  Thanks also for the setup assistance.  I won't try to list all the names, because we had so many people helping I'm sure I'd miss a few.  For those that were at Expo and wanted more details on something, here's a list of the major items in case you want to post questions about them:

3x3 P10 Matrix out in hall & TM1809 strip matrix hanging on back wall - Jon Back (JonB256)
4x5 P10 Matrix in Falcon/xLights room and classroom (black box) - Tom Willows (tomwb301)
Commercial-grade wireless network that connected everything together - Alan Dahl (bajadahl)

The Pixel Mega-tree used David's pixel strips which he got from Boscoyo Studios and the tree stand itself was loaned from Boscoyo Studios.  The P10 panels on the small display near the corner of the room were borrowed from Jon as well.

If I missed anything else, please speak up.

Thanks Guys!!!!

Overall, it was a great time, it seemed like the room dedicated to Falcon Christmas and xLights stayed packed most of the time and the Falcon Player and xLights v4 classroom sessions were quite full, so we might expect an influx of new Falcon hardware and software users.
-
Chris

Offline tomwb301

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 4
Re: Thanks to all those who helped at Expo this past week
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 04:01:48 PM »
We had a great time as well. Big thanks for your sessions, learned a lot
Tom
Crosby, Texas

Offline mararunr

• Kudos: 14
    • Bentonville Heart Lites
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 04:07:09 PM »
Cheers!  What a great time - glad to put so many faces with names and really appreciate everyone putting up with my annoying questions.  Crystal and I learned so so much this past weekend and feel like we have new friends across the U.S.
Bentonville Heart Lites (www.facebook.com/bheartlites)
 This is just my opinion/suggestion/viewpoint.  Others with other viewpoints/experiences may have different advice.  I am a hobbyist with a couple years real world experience, not an expert.

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 80
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 04:42:03 PM »
Thanks guys. Had fun.
PixelController, LLC
PixelController.com

Offline Voltorb

• Kudos: 3
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 05:26:46 PM »
You all did a great job!  I am always proud to be associated with such a great bunch of people so willing to help each other.
John

Offline bajadahl

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 2
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 05:48:05 AM »
Thank you to everyone who helped make this such a fun weekend.