Author Topic: (Beware RANT) Wheres the Christmas spirit.  (Read 4335 times)

Offline zwiller

• Falcon Beta Team
  • Kudos: 13
Re: (Beware RANT) Wheres the Christmas spirit.
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2015, 09:38:52 AM »
FB does not have any Christmas spirit...  Didn't you see the movie?  ;D

The fact is as this hobby continues to grow, there will be people in for the wrong reasons.  Whether it be money, competition, what have you.  I need to be reminded to get beyond that now and then.  Last year, struggling with some water penetration issues on non Falcon gear, I was having a bad day and went out to the house with the show running trying to fix things.  I was grumbling to myself, all wet and cold, and then all the lights went out!  Great, I blew a fuse I thought...  Then I heard a bunch of cheering and clapping and I realized it just was the song ending.  8)
Sam
 Last year's video: https://vimeo.com/150560653

Offline tbone321

• Kudos: 50
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2015, 10:28:26 AM »
On a positive note, It was a good thing that they were cheering because they really enjoyed the show and not because the show suddenly stopped, LOL.

Offline Charles Belcher

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2015, 09:22:09 AM »
Dave, just remember that for every one complaint, i'd guess there are about 100 others who say nothing, but truly appreciate all the hard work you do for this hobby.  Don't let 'em get you down!

+1
One of the 2018 "AllStars" on The Great Light Fight

Offline j-dubb

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2015, 05:32:27 PM »
Dave, I'm new to this game. First controller I've ever bought was a F16v2 Beta from you. The reason I picked that was because one night you were chatting on auschristmas to some other people and I was reading and trying to learn. Then I started asking you questions and you didn't know me from Adam, but yet you still answered all my questions as dumb and simple as they might have been at the time, you still helped me and I wasn't even a customer at the time and had no clue about controllers, pi's, etc, etc. Now I still don't know much but what I do know is how much time, effort, support you put into this community and for all that I want to say Thank You. Thank You for making it easier for someone new like myself to join this community. You essentially, along with others have brought new people like myself to this hobby and to this site. So thank you sir!   #hatersgonnahate