Author Topic: 1st try and I'm failing  (Read 1266 times)

Offline jnealand

• Developer
  • Kudos: 68
1st try and I'm failing
« on: October 06, 2013, 04:05:29 PM »
SSC V3 - works with DLA firmware and etherdongle
SSC V3 - flashed with Falcon 1.09 firmware
Bring up the SSC utility, start channel 1, nodes 120, type DLA 1809 flex, hit program and lights come on
unplug lights, they go off
Bring up xlights turn on 1 thru 360, output to lights checked, go to RGB cycle, select ABCall and the lights come on as white and stay that way.

Can't figure out where I have gone wrong.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA all Falcon controllers, all 12v Master Remote Multisync with Pi and BBB P10 and P5

Offline jnealand

• Developer
Re: 1st try and I'm failing
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 04:24:00 PM »
Went back and started from scratch - nothing.  reflashed with DLA firmware and lights work on RGB cycle.  Set up a second SSC V3 with same DLA firmware and config and tested with xlights - works ok
Reflashed the original (SSC19) with Falcon 1.09.  Reprogrammed with the Falcon utility.  When I hit program I get a very brief transmit and thats all.  Seems like it ought to do more than just flash once, but  I don't know as I have never gotten it to work.  Hook up to xllights and as soon as I click output to lights all the nodes light up as white.  If I just swap SSC to the DLA flashed on the lights cycle thru RGBW so that says the ETD, cables and lights are ok.  Only difference is the Falcon firmware.  I'm suspicious of my programming, but I can't see anything that I would change other than trying hybrid mode.  I do have the grouping set to 1 since I want to control each pixel.  Looking for help.  Going for pizza now.

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 80
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 04:57:33 PM »
If you have never programmed the SSC with control software the SSC does not have a start address. So you need to use the "Program all SSC's on hub option. Have you done this? Also make sure Xlights is not outputting to lights when you try to program. Also when the SSC programs successfully the lights should light in a rainbow pattern.
PixelController, LLC
PixelController.com

Offline jnealand

• Developer
Re: 1st try and I'm failing - solved
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 05:57:03 PM »
Now you tell me.  Works like a champ once I did the program all.  If I have 8 SSCs with DLA firmware and 8 SSCs with Falcon software that have all been programmed individually, will I be able to go back and tweak a single Falcon SSC without impacting any DLA SSCs.  I know I will be able to do a single Falcon SSC, just concerned about the other non-Falcon SSCs that are connected.

I could not find a document that discussed the SSC Utility and even looked in the wiki.  Do you want some of us to sign up to be able to edit the Wiki or would you rather more closely control that yourself and we just send stuff to you?

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 80
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 07:02:32 PM »
The dla firmware should ignore the command

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4