Author Topic: new to falcon  (Read 1095 times)

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Kudos: 0
  • believe in miracles
new to falcon
« on: October 14, 2013, 07:33:35 PM »
 Of course I'm new here so hi to all. Does falcon do pixnet as well? If so, I'm glad those of you that sent me here, sent me here. I am having trouble with lsp. Hope this fixes it...
Its a wonderful life.

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 117
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
Re: new to falcon
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 07:47:44 PM »
Falcon 16 only does Pixelnet input.

The Falcon 16 will work with one or two Pixel net universe inputs.
4096 channels from one and 4096 channels from another.

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• believe in miracles
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 07:52:40 PM »
Actually, I should have stated that I meant the falcon pi. I have the active hub already.

Offline jnealand

• Developer
  • Kudos: 65
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 08:05:56 PM »
The Pi Player is a replacement for your computer.  It will send e1.31 data to an etherdongle which will convert the e1.31 to pixelnet.  If you don't have an etherdongle then you could also look at the fpd which is the equivalent of a cconductor ot a player and and etherdongle combined.  I hope I got that right.  But I'm sure that someone here will correct me if not.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA all Falcon controllers, all 12v Master Remote Multisync with Pi and BBB P10 and P5

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• believe in miracles
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 08:20:59 PM »
I have a pixelnet. I also have an edt PCB. I don't want to have to build it if I don't have too. The season is getting too close and the problems I have been having is irritating me. Will a pixelnet work?

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 117
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 08:23:34 PM »
Actually, I should have stated that I meant the falcon pi. I have the active hub already.

Active Hub, I'll assume from seeing your username on DLA, is RJ's Active hub. (I have 2 myself) Last year, I did use that single DMX output and it worked great.

The FPP has two outputs. Output through the RJ45 jack in E1.31 protocol, a protocol understood by a LOT of hardware out there.

The other output is via ribbon cable to a FPD. It has three RJ45 jacks on it. They can output a combination of Pixelnet and DMX. You could output 12 universes of DMX (6072 channels) or a maximum output of 8 Pixelnet universes and 4 DMX universes. (The FPP and FPD setup can't output 12 Pixelnet universes - just doesn't have the ooomph for it).   But 8 Pixelnet universes (32K channels) and 4 DMX universes (2048 channels) are still pretty amazing.

RJ's "Combiner" boards will be very useful as "de-combiners" when connected to the FPD jack output DMX. It will neatly split it into four correctly oriented DMX outputs for my simpler DMX items.

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• believe in miracles
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 09:18:58 PM »
Just got off the phone with Dave and he squared me up with what I need. I don't have an edt but that's ok. Im getting the fpd. I think..