Author Topic: Does the FPP Player "start fresh" between Sequences?  (Read 723 times)

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 127
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
Does the FPP Player "start fresh" between Sequences?
« on: October 23, 2013, 07:56:47 PM »
As in, if I upload a corrected sequence (let's say it's #2 out of 11 sequences) while #7 is playing, will it load and play the updated FSEQ file when it cycles back around?

Is the clock/timing reset between sequences so that FSEQ and OGG files always start together?

Just curious.  They seem to but the thought crossed my mind.

And - worst case - If I uploaded a replacement FSEQ while a sequence was playing, would things get confused? (this I ask because I think I may have done it and I eventually had to re-boot the FPP to make it seem its normal peppy self).

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 80
Re: Does the FPP Player "start fresh" between Sequences?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 11:13:10 PM »
The timing between ogg and fseq file is constantly being synced during a sequence.

I would not upload the same fseq or ogg file that is being played. Although I think it is ok to upload files that are not being played but since uploading and playing use the sd card you could see some negative results. It may be better to stop the show and then upload quickly and restart the show.

We could use some testing for these scenarios. If anyone would like to try that would be great.
PixelController, LLC
PixelController.com