Author Topic: Clips for hanging PVC  (Read 2726 times)

Offline patdelaney

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 9
Re: Clips for hanging PVC
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2015, 07:55:43 PM »
6.99 for 25 of them

Pat

Offline Jeffl

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 4
  • Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2015, 08:45:48 PM »
Used these to hang some runs of 1/2 PVC with RGB nodes.  So far the results have been mixed as I have broke a handful more than I should have.  I ordered some thinner models off Aliexpress that I'm going to try.  They are 1mm larger in diameter so there is less spreading.  Hoping for better results.

Offline drlucas

• Developer
  • Kudos: 3
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2015, 07:20:39 AM »
I ripped a 3/4" pvc pipe and it's too small for my 1/2 to fit in. I guess the OD of this pipe I have is too big. Back to the old U brackets and mounting the old way. The downside with the U brackets obviously is the tear down is a PAIN and adds to holes in the shingles. I think i have another 3-4 years and I need to redo my roof.
Ryan

Offline Jeffl

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 4
  • Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2015, 07:27:45 AM »
I ordered some of these and didn't use them because they were not as bulky but the bonus is that the center is larger in diameter than the HolidayCoro clips by 1mm so I think they will be less likely to crack.

These are coming on a slow boat I think so they will probably be for next year. I have 10 on hand from a faster shipper to use if necessary.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/IMC-Hot-10-Pcs-20mm-Diameter-White-PVC-Water-Supply-Pipe-Clamps-Clips-Fittings/32437017582.html