Author Topic: How to switch GPIO output  (Read 858 times)

Offline parkej60

• Kudos: 0
How to switch GPIO output
« on: October 09, 2015, 04:30:11 PM »
This if my first year doing anything with orchestrated lighting. I've done some research and found that running a raspberry pi using the falcon pi player and exporting your sequences from designated light software seems to be the standard (i.e. Vixen).

Since this is the first year I'm doing this I wanted to start small so I've just wired up a simple 8 Channel SSR to the GPIO pins on my raspberry pi. So what I'm wondering is how do I simply tell the Falcon Pi Player to write Hi / Low outputs to a specific GPIO? I'm assuming this will eventually be handled by the exported / import sequence of Vixen just haven't gotten that far yet and wanted to make sure it's working.

Thanks for the help ahead of time.

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 178
Re: How to switch GPIO output
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 08:36:19 PM »
Go to FPP's Channel Outputs config page and on the "other" tab you will add a GPIO output for each of the pins you are using.  On each one of those you will assign the channel number you want to control that output.
-
Chris

Offline parkej60

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 09:23:33 AM »
Thanks I found that right after I posted. Working great now!

Do you by chance know of any good threads on selecting a FM Transmitter and hooking it up to the PI?

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 178
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 11:36:48 AM »
I would defer to others on that.  I have a VastElec FMT-212R as primary and a FM-02 as backup.