Author Topic: Driving longer runs and power injection  (Read 1416 times)

Offline kaos_engr

• Kudos: 0
Driving longer runs and power injection
« on: October 14, 2015, 02:09:13 PM »
Now that I see that I'll need to be using power injection for longer runs.  Eureka!!!

I see that Ray Wu has T-cables http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/3-core-T-type-waterproof-splitter-the-middle-is-2core-BLACK-color-the-male-connect-s/701799_1707253215.html with a 2 conductor center connector for what I thought was injection.  However, from other posts read, I see that the V+ of different power supplies should not be tied together just the grounds.  But here, the schematic shown has the V+ and V-(GND)s both tied together. 

Is anyone using these T-cables?  Are they in fact as shown in the webpage's schematic or V+ split so you can inject additional power along the run.

Looks like I'll need to make my own cables instead of buying these premade cables. 

Offline rlemery

• Kudos: 5
Re: Driving longer runs and power injection
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 03:27:45 PM »
When I need to inject power from a new power supply I terminate the 12+ when I put on the 3 core connector. That way when I use the tee it adds the new power source and ties the ground together. I also add a pc of colored of electrical tape to the pixel end so I know that the 12+ is not connected.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

728 lor channels
5492 pixels