Author Topic: Houston... I have a problem.  (Read 2896 times)

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 77
Re: Houston... I have a problem.
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2013, 03:51:08 PM »
Ok.... I have a sequence (vix) and an mp3 music. I converted the music file in Audicity and converted the vix file in Xlights. I uploaded those files to the Pi. Put those files in the scheduler and man it was way off. Do you have to attach the profile to the vix file and do you have to flatten it also. I am trying to figure this thing out. The sequence plays just fine in 2.1. I don't know if DPitts got the files I sent him or not.

Dave

Does anyone have experience importing Vixen files to Xlights and running the lights in Xlights. He claims things are way off in Xlights too.
PixelController, LLC
PixelController.com

Offline gdyrdave

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2013, 04:09:31 PM »
David,
 Did you get the files I sent you?

Dave

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2013, 04:27:17 PM »
Yes I did. I am looking at them now. Although I have zero experience with Vixen.

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2013, 05:13:55 PM »
Ok.... I have a sequence (vix) and an mp3 music. I converted the music file in Audicity and converted the vix file in Xlights. I uploaded those files to the Pi. Put those files in the scheduler and man it was way off. Do you have to attach the profile to the vix file and do you have to flatten it also. I am trying to figure this thing out. The sequence plays just fine in 2.1. I don't know if DPitts got the files I sent him or not.

Dave

Does anyone have experience importing Vixen files to Xlights and running the lights in Xlights. He claims things are way off in Xlights too.

I attached a .fseq file I converted with Xlights 3.2.3. it seems to work pretty good I think. I only connected a few lights but words of the pumpkin seem to match music.

I noticed the file you sent me was over 2MB in size. the file I converted ended uip only being 76KB. If you take the number of channels to be 16 which I think it is and the song to be close to 4 minutes(240 seconds) and the data is sent 20 times per second  you get the following for approx. file size of .fseq.

16 * 20 * 240 =  ~76800Bytes (76K)

Which is what I got. So maybe your method of converting is wrong or you are using an outdated Xlights.

To convert, i go to the convert tab, I click "Choose Files" button. Change file type to Vixen sequence and select the file. I then select the output format as Falcon Pi Player. Click "Start Conversion" button. When the conversion is completed the file is in my Xlights data folder.

David

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Materdaddy

• Kudos: 10
    • Christmas On Quiet Hills
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2013, 02:09:42 PM »
Sean?

I've use Vixen, but I think David's explanation and math on file size is probably spot-on.

Southern Dave, what version of xLights did you use?

Offline gdyrdave

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2013, 02:30:32 PM »
I used 3.2.1. I loaded 3.2.3 and using that. I tried the conversion again. This time using the original sequence, created  a profile from it and added the output plugs. I got the same results as David did. and worked in the Pi. Now I need to add channels, so I guess I need to edit the profile add the channels and then edit the sequence, then do the process all over. Put the profile in the xlights directory, convert the file,and load it into the Pi. Still working on it.
Thanks Mat.

southern Dave.... must have gotten that off the other site...lol. Its how Dirk and I sign our emails to each other.

Offline smeighan

• Developer
  • Kudos: 11
    • Nutcracker123
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2013, 02:55:53 PM »
If you are converting vix to fseq then only the channels in the vix file set the size.

If you then export the sequence the channels are determined by the setup tab

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Sean
Littleton, CO Latest releases http://nutcracker123.com/nutcracker/releases xLights/Nutcracker Forum http://nutcracker123.com/forum/index.php Facebook [url=https://www.facebook.com/groups

Offline gdyrdave

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2013, 02:59:41 PM »
When I do the convert, if i doesn't have the profile in the xlights directory it will not convert. The profile is attached to the vix file. Should I NOT attach it??

Dave

Offline Materdaddy

• Kudos: 10
    • Christmas On Quiet Hills
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2013, 01:37:00 AM »
xlights doesn't use the profile, it uses the data you set up in the "Setup" tab to determine the channels.

Offline gdyrdave

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2013, 10:44:51 AM »
Thanks guys.

Dave