Author Topic: Houston... I have a problem.  (Read 2918 times)

Offline gdyrdave

• Kudos: 0
Houston... I have a problem.
« on: October 25, 2013, 05:49:57 PM »
Ok I have the Pi running just fine. I have 2 sequences I just got from Holiday Coro (Thriller and Ghostbusters). I loaded them into vixen 2.1 and attached my profile to it.  Next I ran Xlights to convert it to fseq for the Pi. Man it was waayyyy off. I must be doing something wrong in the conversion process. I can run them just fine from 2.1 now but the Pi works so well. I thought it was the Pi at first but played the converted sequence(xseq) in Xlights and was really screwy. If I missed a post somewhere slap my hands, but I didn't see anything. Can any steer me in the right direction?

Dave

Offline jnealand

• Developer
  • Kudos: 68
Re: Houston... I have a problem.
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 06:07:06 PM »
Actually it is Colorado I have a problem.  LOL

Just checking, did you convert the music to ogg format?
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA all Falcon controllers, all 12v Master Remote Multisync with Pi and BBB P10 and P5

Offline gdyrdave

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 06:12:46 PM »
Yes I did. It wouldn't have played in the Pi if it wasn't. I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

Dave

Offline MyKroFt

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 57
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 06:14:49 PM »
I had to have Daivd from Holiday Coro fix some of my Christmas tree sequences I got from him - channels were messed up - might be the same problem with yours

Tony

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 127
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 06:26:30 PM »
I got mine several years ago. They came in an early version of LOR S3 and some version of Vixen.

Some of the authors were a little creative in their use of LOR Tracks (they were submitted to Dave in LOR format as part of a contest).

I have converted most or all of them to XSEQ and FSEQ and they are playing. Would you be interested in xLights conversion from my LOR version to Vixen?

xLights Conversion an 825KB LOR version of "Spooky Scary Sketetons (James C)" to a 2.1 VIX file gave me a 27.8MB file. Ouch

Offline gdyrdave

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 06:34:29 PM »
Actually Tony its not the channels, its timing and addition flashes added. You can tell that it is doing what its supposed to do but at the wrong time. I don't know what the limitations for file size in this forum is, but I could upload the files from original Vixen 2.1 and the converted files from Xlights and audicity or email to one who wants to see. Thanks for your help. I don't think its the Pi thats doing it.

JonB. I just downloaded these today from HC. I had the LOR ones originally and converted the a year or 2 ago but since have lost them. These had the Vixen 2.1 versions on them.

Dave

Offline gdyrdave

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 06:45:25 PM »
BTW, I having the save problem with Ghostbusters and Flying Purple eater too. Haven't tried anything else yet.

Dave

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 80
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2013, 09:58:53 PM »
Actually Tony its not the channels, its timing and addition flashes added. You can tell that it is doing what its supposed to do but at the wrong time. I don't know what the limitations for file size in this forum is, but I could upload the files from original Vixen 2.1 and the converted files from Xlights and audicity or email to one who wants to see. Thanks for your help. I don't think its the Pi thats doing it.

JonB. I just downloaded these today from HC. I had the LOR ones originally and converted the a year or 2 ago but since have lost them. These had the Vixen 2.1 versions on them.

Dave

Can you place the files in a dropbox or sourceforge for me to grab them.
PixelController, LLC
PixelController.com

Offline gdyrdave

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2013, 06:41:45 AM »

Dave

Can you place the files in a dropbox or sourceforge for me to grab them.

Don't want to sound like an idiot but how do I do that?
Dave

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2013, 10:02:37 AM »
... how do I do that?
Dave

Go to www.dropbox.com and create an account. It is free and they give you space to store files.

Put the files there and you can share them with David Pitts (or anyone else).

I use DropBox and Google Drive to store lots of things I want to share or be able to access from "wherever" I am.

Offline gdyrdave

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2013, 10:20:17 AM »
Thanks

Dave

Offline gdyrdave

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2013, 10:29:24 AM »
Ok I put the files in the dropbox folder. How does Dpitts access them?

Dave

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2013, 10:40:03 AM »
You share them with his email address. I use the Right Mouse button usually to get to the share link.

Then he gets an email notification with the link.

If you created a folder, you can share that folder and he can see all the contents you put in that folder.

I sent your his email address in a PM.

Offline gdyrdave

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2013, 10:51:26 AM »
Well I think I sent them. This is new to me.

Dave

Offline gdyrdave

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2013, 03:26:16 PM »
Ok.... I have a sequence (vix) and an mp3 music. I converted the music file in Audicity and converted the vix file in Xlights. I uploaded those files to the Pi. Put those files in the scheduler and man it was way off. Do you have to attach the profile to the vix file and do you have to flatten it also. I am trying to figure this thing out. The sequence plays just fine in 2.1. I don't know if DPitts got the files I sent him or not.

Dave