Author Topic: How to program universes greater than 4 to a F16v1.xx  (Read 711 times)

Offline FireMedic4Christ

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 1
How to program universes greater than 4 to a F16v1.xx
« on: November 23, 2015, 12:08:19 PM »
This is a followup to my last post but thought it warranted a new thread. Thanks to all, I was able to troubleshoot and successfully program my F16v1.xx with the FPPD after I loaded to correct firmware.

Now that I know I can, I would like to set up my channels for each port on each controller. I plan to use Universe 1 for DMX control of my AC elements. Universes 2 and above will be all RGB elements via pixel net. My question is, how to I set my controller to Universe 5 and above? My initial thought was to put the mega tree at Universe 10 just to get it high enough in the channels that I could grow the rest of the display and not bump into it channel wise. On the F16v1.xx, I see where I can set the jumpers on the top left corner and via the controller software I see the combinations that I can assign. (but only universes 1-4)

Thanks in advance,
Brian
Brian

Offline MrChristmas2000

• Falcon Beta Team
  • Kudos: 4
Re: How to program universes greater than 4 to a F16v1.xx
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 02:41:59 PM »
Yep, and  Bill Gates thought there would never be a need for memory greater than 64kbytes and no one would ever fill up 1TB of hard disk space. LOL

I have difficult finding room in my pixelnet address blocks 1 - 8 to put any extra elements. You will eat up that address space faster than you will believe.

Offline FireMedic4Christ

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 1
Re: How to program universes greater than 4 to a F16v1.xx
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 03:42:17 PM »
I know what you mean, just like dad never thought he would fill up the barn when he built it back on the farm. With the extremely large channel counts I am seeing, I figured I was missing something on the falcon side of things. XL/NC will set up 32+ universes. . .

Just trying to wrap my brain around it,

Brian