Author Topic: half of matrix randomly shutting off  (Read 940 times)

Offline djmc2002

• Kudos: 0
half of matrix randomly shutting off
« on: November 29, 2015, 09:39:12 PM »
I have a 1200 pixel maxtrix running on a F16V2 with 2 power supplies. I am using output 1-6 to power half and 9-14 to power the other half both running on 2 350w PS.  Tonight I was watching the shows and I noticed that the half of my matrix running on the 1-6 would randomly shut off and then just as randomly turn back on. (it occurred with a very light load (few pixels on) and a more heavy load)   At first I thought it must be the power supply flaking out but if that were the case would not the board shut down? or is the board powered from the v2 input (can't remember) Thoughts??
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 11:20:04 PM by djmc2002 »

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 77
Re: half of matrix randomly shutting off
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 11:49:29 PM »
During this time does the controller power down? If it does not can you bring up the OLED display that shows the E131 data coming in. Please see video at FalconChristmas.com/f16v2 on how to do this.

PixelController, LLC
PixelController.com

Offline djmc2002

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 09:30:48 AM »

During this time does the controller power down? If it does not can you bring up the OLED display that shows the E131 data coming in. Please see video at FalconChristmas.com/f16v2 on how to do this.
. I don't believe the controller powered down because the other half of the matrix running on the same controller never missed a beat. I will watch the video on the the data issue and post results

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline djmc2002

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 05:29:03 PM »

Checked the OELD, and of course in the half hour I watched the matrix I could not repeat the failure.  I noted the voltage at times is slightly below 12V and drops into the low 11 range  when all are on although I don't have a sequence that ever goes all white. Closest would be all light blue. Data seems pure, no errors noted on the error screen (data errors).  Which side powers the board? V1 or V2?  PS Failure? Thoughts?