Author Topic: a beat track sequence won't actually save  (Read 2818 times)

Offline arw01

• Kudos: 0
a beat track sequence won't actually save
« on: November 02, 2013, 11:10:44 AM »
Are there a minimum sequence contents or other data that lightelf requires to be in the file to complete an export?

E.g. I asked a very talented member for the beat track to one of their sequences which he willingly shared (not naming names unless the don't want to be anonymous).  I installed light elf and converted another sequence that was an elaborite what does the fox say to xlights.

Now doing the same thing with the beat track in .lsp format never writes the file out.  The log file says all was fine:

Code: [Select]
7-Zip (A) 9.20  Copyright (c) 1999-2010 Igor Pavlov  2010-11-18

Processing archive: C:\Users\awomack\Downloads\RudpolphBEAT.msq

Extracting  Sequence
Extracting  Controllers\5b5dd77e-3dad-4156-8f5e-8de57554ed4a

Everything is Ok

Files: 2
Size:       194829
Compressed: 35670
Channels in Networks: 4096
50ms Periods in sequence: 3208
Starting controller file: 5b5dd77e-3dad-4156-8f5e-8de57554ed4a
Name: MINI TREES (1-8), ID: 1, Zone: 1, Prtocol: e1.31

Thoughts or hints on that one?

Offline Frankr

• Rocklin Lights
Re: a beat track sequence won't actually save
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 06:43:35 PM »
What channels are used for the beat track? They need to be channels that fit the range of your xlights network definition.

Frank

Offline arw01

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 09:11:54 PM »
That I do not know, the kind donor like has more universes than I do.  So if I was to increase my "controllers" into a second or maybe third universe, would that possibly induce the conversion to actually save the file?

Offline Frankr

• Rocklin Lights
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 09:41:42 PM »
You can check the channels in LSP and reset them to 1. That is the easier path.

Offline arw01

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 11:00:28 PM »
What if one does not have LSP to do that with?  I'm just trying to work with Nutcracker this year and hope to be able to add to some of the code after blinky blinky season.

Offline rdebolt

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 3
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 08:52:10 PM »

What if one does not have LSP to do that with?  I'm just trying to work with Nutcracker this year and hope to be able to add to some of the code after blinky blinky season.

Light Elf is designed for LSP. Nutcracker already has a convert process for LOR. I hope this helps.

Roger

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 80
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 08:55:18 PM »

if you have a dropbox account upload the sequence and send me the link. Do you know which channel is your beat channel?
PixelController, LLC
PixelController.com

Offline arw01

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2013, 11:07:37 PM »
Thank you for the assistance gentlemen.  I never figured out getting it into xlights, but I was having difficulties with arches in there and went ahead and downloaded LSP.  I have 29 more days on the demo license to figure it all out, and then maybe I will move to another pc to get me into the after christmas sale to buy it.

Alan

Offline Frankr

• Rocklin Lights
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 03:35:00 PM »
So I think the missing piece to this thread is just some comment to close it out.  It is important to note that xLights/Nutcracker does not treat timming like other sequencers do.  underneath the covers all xLights (and conductor and flacon files) are just a set of bits representing the brightness of every channel at individual 50ms intervals. 

When a sequence is converted to xLights the xseq file format gives no extra meaning to any 50ms interval over any other.  It is just data.  As such; there is no meaningful way for a beat track to be converted from an xseq file to timing marks in the nutcracker tab.

Now you could make an argument that an import tool could be told "add a nutcracker timing for every time channel x changes state".  Now this tool would be able to generate a set of timings you could use in nutcracker.

currently no such tool exists and at this point in the season it will not happen this year.  That said, I could add this option to LightElf in the future. 

Frank