Author Topic: Just a quick question with fpd  (Read 1582 times)

Offline t.jo13

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 2
Just a quick question with fpd
« on: December 12, 2015, 08:13:24 AM »
Following this post :http://falconchristmas.com/forum/index.php/topic,3411.0.html  I can use the fpd to program  f16 , f8, ect. I have been using dongle flashed with pixelnet and etd. I have a few more things to hook up but most of the boards are programmed the way I need  but a couple are not. With the individual  board Ids, I should be able to hook up the boards out in the yard,  and as I add the last few things on the boards I then can program from computer in the house, without having to unhook them and bring them back in. Am I right in my thinking?  I do believe that is one of the great features of the  fpp - fpd - falcoln boards .

Joe

Offline jnealand

• Developer
  • Kudos: 57
Re: Just a quick question with fpd
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 10:08:32 AM »
Yes you have hit one of the great features.  I recently used it fix a color issue and did not have to disconnect anything.  Just be carefull with the "program all sscs" check box.  A year ago by display was hooked up , but I was in the basement using a second ETD to do some configuring and reconfigured all my SSCs.  Here is another great feature - took my laptop and spare etd to the front porch where the active hub was and unplugged all 14 connections, put them back one at a time and reconfigure each one.  The great feature was the file that saved all the settings.  I did not have to go look up all the settings in my paper "show bible".
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA all Falcon controllers, all 12v Master Remote Multisync with Pi and BBB P10 and P5

Offline t.jo13

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 2
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 04:35:08 PM »
Great !!!!I thought I could but I better ask first instead of unhooking and then hooking it all back up again. What a great time saver feature Dave and/or falcoln crew came up with  ;) Thanks for the ssc tip Jim , That had slipped my mind whats left of it right now lol.

Joe

Offline VorpalSword

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 08:19:16 AM »
ETD?

Offline jnealand

• Developer
  • Kudos: 57
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 10:02:20 AM »
ETD = etherdongle from Lynx.  It is an e1.31 pixelnet driver.