Author Topic: Some ports not working  (Read 951 times)

Offline Michael

• Kudos: 0
Some ports not working
« on: December 19, 2015, 05:34:10 PM »
I was upgrading to afterburner and then decided to switch back.  Now I am seeing a number of ports no longer working.  4,5,6, and 8.  The ports don't work in test mode.    The other ports work fine.  All LED green lights are on.  Swapped lights and they work on other ports.  I also reflashed.   What would cause a strip to stop working?  My next step is to try swapping some chips to see if that fixes the issue.

Offline t.jo13

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 2
Re: Some ports not working
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 06:27:06 PM »
When you put the original chip back in did you possibly bend some of the chip legs ?  Its very easy to do and the are not nearly as stout as the afterburner legs. Then I do believe also after you flash  the pic you should reprogram the ports. Not reprogramming the chip will not stop the test function though. What happens when you put the afterburner back in?  Just curious why did you decided  not to use it, all it does is clean up the signal and extend the distance to the first node instead of using 8 uamps from what I understand.

Joe

Offline Michael

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 07:57:55 PM »
I will double check the chip.  I have bent pins before and really hard to tell unless you pull the chip again.

I have two boards, one on the roof and backup board. I had  backup board working fine in the garage with afterburner so decided to swap with the one on the roof. When I got to the roof I thought it would be easier just to swap chips vs reconnecting 11 strings of lights. That worked, but now having issues getting the new backup board fully working.  Hoping its just the chip.

My show is running fine, so not critical but want to understand why.

Offline Michael

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 11:10:08 PM »
I checked and yes, one of the pins was not seated correctly.  I will retest in the AM.  Thanks for the help.