Author Topic: 2015 Zwiller vid  (Read 3413 times)

Offline zwiller

• Falcon Beta Team
  • Kudos: 13
2015 Zwiller vid
« on: January 02, 2016, 08:00:29 PM »
Here's the new song for this year: https://vimeo.com/150560653 

Special thank you's going out to folks that helped me pull this one off: David Pitts, Jim Nealand, Roger Aubuchon, James Boscoyo, Alan Womack, Jeffl, and plenty others I am sure I am forgetting. 

Sam
 Last year's video: https://vimeo.com/150560653

Offline jnealand

• Developer
  • Kudos: 68
Re: 2015 Zwiller vid
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 08:07:52 PM »
Sam, another awesome sequencing job.  Thanks for posting the video.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA all Falcon controllers, all 12v Master Remote Multisync with Pi and BBB P10 and P5

Offline Livermore-Dad

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 08:48:22 PM »
Here's the new song for this year: https://vimeo.com/150560653 

So so clean, well sequenced. Nice work sir. You have a post with some more information on your display?

Really well done, the beginning is top notch!!

Tory
I know some stuff. For example i know I don't know anything.

lightsonlinden

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 09:09:58 PM »
 A Very Cool sequence I must say!

Offline Gary

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 3
    • Diamond Crescent Musical Christmas Lights
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 09:31:21 PM »
Nice. Still using Light Show Pro like previous years?

I see that you're using pixels just thrown up onto your bushes. I'll probably be having more than a typical megatree's worth on my bushes next year, and I was concerned about "wasting" them on bushes without a matrix/grid of any sort, because--admit it--it would be maddening to place each pixel in the same spot from year to year to to try to match it to my sequencing software. But looks like you can get something pretty nice at least going with the beat.

Offline taybrynn

• Kudos: 8
    • RockinChristmas Facebook Page
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 10:32:13 PM »
Well done ... very very nice !!!

Offline sebjsan

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2016, 10:44:37 PM »
I have always loved your sequencing. Great work once again.

Offline zwiller

• Falcon Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2016, 04:28:17 AM »
Thank you for the kinds words.  Boy I need to watch my own show more often.  Lots of oops. 

Yep, LSP but FPP ran it.  Gary, I am REALLY happy you picked up on the trees.  Good eyes!  I spent alot of time during the season doing those last minute.  Not 100% happy but I will say they look much better in person and overall I am happy I made the change.  Those trees were grouped as dumb until mid December.  I have some ideas to try such as using Boscoyo strips and affixing to trees for more uniform look.  One particular sequence which is very solemn solo piano and the main effect is slow ramps chased on those trees and it is particularly cool IMO.  In addition, in another sequence I use sparkle on the whole layout and the trees and minis really POP.  Pretty sure from this point on I will make all elements smart/discrete.  In the past I was a big believer in grouping.  I was confident the minis wouldn't be worth the effort but boy I was wrong. 

Once again, thanks to all for making this happen.  I was blessed this year to have a season without too much drama. (or maybe my tolerance is high now  ;D).  The Falcon gear was no doubt the main reason things went as well as it did. 

Offline arw01

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2016, 10:56:56 AM »
Another FABULOUS sequence job Sam, brought a big ole smile to my face watching you dance those lights.

Still out on the new Zwilluminaries..  I was liking the smaller ones more, did the cottage cheese containers bite it?

I got so little stuff out this year, it's nice to be reminded that more more more, is not always better!

Offline zwiller

• Falcon Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2016, 12:14:19 PM »
Thanks Alan!  Those are the same luminaries as years past!  In an effort to make the layout look a bit more over the top, I used a ultra wide angle lens real low to ground.  I think I should have brought the camera up a bit. 

Quality over quantity over at my house.  Not kidding that I can tear this down in an hour or so. 

What's your guy's favorite parts/least favorite?  Suggestions to new elements?  Dual mega trees or P10 (p5?) panels under entrance? 

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 127
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2016, 05:27:15 PM »
I have to admire your house as a lighting canvas. It is very symmetrical and clean for your lighting style. My house has no symmetry at all and it is a struggle to keep it from looking like "Christmas threw up on my lawn." (an actual comment I got once)

As a recent retiree, any time my wife and I are somewhere we might consider moving to, the "curb appeal" of a house from a lighting standpoint is my first concern.

Offline zwiller

• Falcon Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2016, 08:52:42 AM »
Thanks Jon.  Regardless of whether your house is symmetrical, I think many things can be done to keep a display clean.  The most important is exactly what you say: approach your layout as a canvas, with viewers and camera in mind.  Every layout has a saturation point, once you go past it, it can cause nausea.   ;D 

Offline jnealand

• Developer
  • Kudos: 68
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2016, 09:13:13 AM »
As a recent retiree, any time my wife and I are somewhere we might consider moving to, the "curb appeal" of a house from a lighting standpoint is my first concern.

Every time my wife and I are driving around I keep making the comment that "that house would be great for a Christmas Display"  Got to consider the canvas and the viewing location as well.

Offline pixelpuppy

• Kudos: 45
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2016, 10:06:02 AM »
-Mark

Offline rlemery

• Kudos: 5
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2016, 10:16:01 AM »
Great display!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

728 lor channels