Author Topic: Plexiglas for P10 matrix  (Read 8810 times)

Offline Unibits

• Falcon Beta Team
  • Kudos: 2
Re: Plexiglas for P10 matrix
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2016, 06:34:17 PM »
All good.

They have offices all over the US.. Check their website.  From Houston to buffalo to California. 

Offline Gilrock

• Kudos: 8
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2016, 07:53:05 AM »
In Tucson I go to Port Plastics which used to be called Creative Plastics.

Offline AussiePhil

• Kudos: 11
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2016, 10:45:38 PM »
My 5x5 and 3x1 were both covered with clear vinyl .5mm thick from memory, it's tough as, has now survive two hail storms, smallish ones mind you and lots of rain, that stuff is super tough.

The only thing I hate about it and normal clear plastics as well is the reflective nature of it, my house faces west so have to deal with setting sun and a street light across the road.

Looking to source non-reflective sign Perspex this year, friend is working in the industry now :)

Offline smccoy

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2016, 08:26:31 AM »
My 5x5 and 3x1 were both covered with clear vinyl .5mm thick from memory, it's tough as, has now survive two hail storms, smallish ones mind you and lots of rain, that stuff is super tough.

The only thing I hate about it and normal clear plastics as well is the reflective nature of it, my house faces west so have to deal with setting sun and a street light across the road.

Looking to source non-reflective sign Perspex this year, friend is working in the industry now :)

Do you have any build details on your setup?  I have been thinking of going the vinyl route myself and am curious how you sealed it to the frame.