Author Topic: P10 power Connector  (Read 6022 times)

Offline robj

• Kudos: 0
P10 power Connector
« on: January 31, 2016, 04:11:34 PM »
Can anyone tell me the name of the 4-pin power connector on the back of the P10 panels?  I'd like to be able to buy on amazon, MCM Electronics or mouser so I don't have to wait a month for shipping to china.  Ideally, connector with pigtail, so I don't have to get a tool to install pins as well.

Offline tomwb301

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 4
Re: P10 power Connector
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 04:26:56 PM »
Tom
Crosby, Texas

Offline robj

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 04:35:43 PM »
Look at this post.

Thanks.  That post has a link to a Chinese source and doens't identify the connector.  Hoping for a connector name or a domestic source I can get within a week.

Offline DSMJuggalo

P10 power Connector
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 06:03:41 PM »
I don't have any of my p10 stuff yet so just taking a guess... Is it a 4 pin molex connector?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline AussiePhil

• Kudos: 11
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 07:32:33 PM »
I don't have any of my p10 stuff yet so just taking a guess... Is it a 4 pin molex connector?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nope, the pins are flat

Offline Sawdust

• Kudos: 8
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 05:51:49 AM »
Can anyone tell me the name of the 4-pin power connector on the back of the P10 panels?  I'd like to be able to buy on amazon, MCM Electronics or mouser so I don't have to wait a month for shipping to china.  Ideally, connector with pigtail, so I don't have to get a tool to install pins as well.

Post a picture of your panel connector.

Offline mararunr

• Kudos: 14
    • Bentonville Heart Lites
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 01:00:38 PM »
Ok, I'll ask...why?  Your P10 vendor should ship the panel WITH the power connector.  Just curious why you are looking for independent source.

FYI, here's a potential source...http://www.seasonalentertainmentllc.com/store/en/p10-panel-products/308-p10-power-cable.html
Bentonville Heart Lites (www.facebook.com/bheartlites)
 This is just my opinion/suggestion/viewpoint.  Others with other viewpoints/experiences may have different advice.  I am a hobbyist with a couple years real world experience, not an expert.

Offline Sawdust

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 05:20:00 PM »
Ok, I'll ask...why?  Your P10 vendor should ship the panel WITH the power connector.  Just curious why you are looking for independent source.

FYI, here's a potential source...http://www.seasonalentertainmentllc.com/store/en/p10-panel-products/308-p10-power-cable.html
I'm buying panels, not a package.  P10 panels from DIY LED EXPRESS.  Price is right, but not much info.  They're not into answering questions either.  Like seasonalentertainmentllc.com.  Not a wealth of information on his panels, and appears he supplies no cables.

These cables will do, even though I have questions.  How long are they.  Where can I get just the ends if I want to build my own?

hmmm.  I not the only one looking.  I'm been tracking another guy/gal on another site tracking the same.  No one seems to have a good answer.

At least I have this source.

Offline JoelRose

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2016, 10:03:07 PM »
locking connector   
4mm pin spacing

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2bidn9zje3dyqut/DSC02808.JPG?dl=0

Hope this works

Joel

Offline robj

P10 power Connector
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2016, 11:34:11 AM »
Thanks for the links.   The seasonal entertainment product is exactly what I need!  The source I bought from didn't send any power cables.   For those interested, this is a photo of the pins on the panel where power connects. 

Offline mararunr

• Kudos: 14
    • Bentonville Heart Lites
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2016, 11:55:10 AM »
Thanks for the links.   The seasonal entertainment product is exactly what I need!  The source I bought from didn't send any power cables.   For those interested, this is a photo of the pins on the panel where power connects. 

Who did you order from so others can be aware?  (It's totally the vendor's choice so not knocking the vendor but it helps when your ordering if you know a vendor does not include them).

Offline AussiePhil

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2016, 04:10:40 PM »

Who did you order from so others can be aware?  (It's totally the vendor's choice so not knocking the vendor but it helps when your ordering if you know a vendor does not include them).

It also changes the value proposition, the little bit saved by not buying Ray is offset immediately by the fact Ray includes all the cabling

Offline Sawdust

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2016, 06:55:30 PM »

It also changes the value proposition, the little bit saved by not buying Ray is offset immediately by the fact Ray includes all the cabling
Yes, maybe no!  No, it is no.   First, Ray doesn't support me on quick delivery from stock or reasonable freight.  I like to support stateside vendors because they generally stock and I can get a single item, quick delivery and reasonable freight.

6 panels stateside delivered about $75.  Ray's over $100, add on = ouch!

Further, I like to build my connectors.....I don't want a 24" cable when only 8" is needed, or being too short if I need 25".  I have the wire, and connectors are generally cheap.  (If I could ever find out what they are)  if I can find the right connectors, I can pacify my anal panel wiring requirements and it will be a better day.

Offline Sawdust

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2016, 07:10:31 PM »

Nice picture robj
robj, can you measure the spacing between pins.  are the 2.54 or the 3.96.  I suspect 3.96 for this size wire
Thanks in advance.   Disregard....I see JoelRose answered at 4mm......so that would be the 3.96mm.
Great! 
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 07:48:41 PM by Sawdust »

Offline AussiePhil

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2016, 07:56:47 PM »
Further, I like to build my connectors.....I don't want a 24" cable when only 8" is needed, or being too short if I need 25".  I have the wire, and connectors are generally cheap.  (If I could ever find out what they are)  if I can find the right connectors, I can pacify my anal panel wiring requirements and it will be a better day.
:)
Don't need to make your own connectors to have anal wiring tendencies.....