Author Topic: P10 power Connector  (Read 6030 times)

Offline Sawdust

• Kudos: 8
Re: P10 power Connector
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2016, 08:32:23 PM »
Further, I like to build my connectors.....I don't want a 24" cable when only 8" is needed, or being too short if I need 25".  I have the wire, and connectors are generally cheap.  (If I could ever find out what they are)  if I can find the right connectors, I can pacify my anal panel wiring requirements and it will be a better day.
:)
Don't need to make your own connectors to have anal wiring tendencies.....
My type wiring, but I would not splice as they have.

Offline robj

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2016, 08:42:40 PM »
Who did you order from so others can be aware?  (It's totally the vendor's choice so not knocking the vendor but it helps when your ordering if you know a vendor does not include them).

I bought from pixel sequencing, at the time, an octoscroller for $20 and panels for $11.  No cables included.
http://pixelsequencing.mysimplestore.com/

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 214
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2016, 09:39:54 PM »
Note that pixelsequencing.com includes cables now.  I am not sure if that changed or what, but they do include them now according to the web site.  This is one of the reasons I ordered my panels from there a week ago.
-
Chris

Offline Livermore-Dad

• Supporting Member
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2016, 10:29:06 PM »
Further, I like to build my connectors.....I don't want a 24" cable when only 8" is needed, or being too short if I need 25".  I have the wire, and connectors are generally cheap.  (If I could ever find out what they are)  if I can find the right connectors, I can pacify my anal panel wiring requirements and it will be a better day.

I still want one of our normal suppliers to provide panels with the nut/screw connectors for power. would be a lot cleaner than using the molex type connectors that we are all using.
I know some stuff. For example i know I don't know anything.

Offline Phrog30

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2016, 04:53:22 AM »
Who did you order from so others can be aware?  (It's totally the vendor's choice so not knocking the vendor but it helps when your ordering if you know a vendor does not include them).

I bought from pixel sequencing, at the time, an octoscroller for $20 and panels for $11.  No cables included.
What? Pretty sure he has always included cables. He might have forgotten, but if you call and tell him I can ensure you that he will promptly send you some.

James

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Offline Phrog30

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2016, 05:37:03 AM »

Here's Roger's email address:
Roger@pixelsequencing.com.
Shoot him an email and post back the results.

James

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Offline Sawdust

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2016, 09:57:44 AM »
I still want one of our normal suppliers to provide panels with the nut/screw connectors for power. would be a lot cleaner than using the molex type connectors that we are all using.
My supplier had a great priced package, with all cables and Boscoyo mounts, but they also included the Beaglebone and power supply, which I already had.  They also offered data cables and Boscoyo as separate items.  No separate power cables. Hey, he answered my email...."Each P10 panel comes with power cables, a data cable and 4 magnetic mounting screws." I guess I'm set.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 12:38:47 PM by Sawdust »

Offline XmasInGalt

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2016, 01:41:52 PM »
Hey, he answered my email...."Each P10 panel comes with power cables, a data cable and 4 magnetic mounting screws." I guess I'm set.

I ordered 34 panels from Roger and they included ribbon & power cables. They look great.

Offline Raubuchon75

• Kudos: 1
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2016, 03:46:02 PM »
I would be happy to send the person the missing power/data cables if they would please simply email me.  Also, for those of you still waiting on panels and pixels, they should arrive sometime tomorrow afternoon and ready to be shipped by Friday.  We shipped out over 90 cases two weeks ago, and are expected to ship another 150+ this week.  I am a one man shop with the help of my wife; mostly book keeping and admin stuff.  Mistakes happen, please contact me if something is missing or wrong, give me a chance to a least make it right.  Thanks guys.  I appreciate all the support.

Roger

Offline robj

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2016, 08:52:16 PM »
Thanks Roger - For the rest of the folks following the thread -  I didn't get any cables, but didn't see them listed in the description when I ordered, so assumed I had to come up with them myself.  Knew what the ribbon cable connectors were, but didn't know the power connectors so was asking here on the board.  I never expected the cables, nor did I contact Pixel Sequencing asking for any.  Roger did reach out two ways once he saw I was lacking.  I will say the octoscroller and P10 boards were shipped almost immediately even though I ordered at "presale" prices.  Expected months of wait with a presale and was surprised and pleased when they showed up.

Rob

Offline Raubuchon75

• Kudos: 1
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2016, 10:31:46 PM »
Hi rob,

I have sent 14 data ribbons and 7 power cables to you via express usps, which will be delivered by Monday.   Hope this fixes ANY miss communication between you and pixel sequencing.   Usps tracking number  9405 5036 9930 0255 8212 13.  Thank you