Author Topic: Data Pulse Width / Timings via Firmware?  (Read 1018 times)

Offline corey872

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 16
    • Link to the sale...
Data Pulse Width / Timings via Firmware?
« on: November 17, 2013, 07:17:10 PM »
Background:  I've been trying to track down the root cause of some 'jerkyness' or 'stepping' during some color shifts and fades.  I believe others have mentioned this same issue, but don't know how wide-spread it actually is.  In looking at my strings, the data itself is flowing very nicely, but in scoping the timings, it seems the 'reset' pulse is very short compared to the specs called for in the datasheet. 

My working theory is the actual data pulses are fine and the nodes are interpreting the data fine, so the colors are correct, but because the reset pulse is off, the nodes don't always interpret the reset, so hang at the brightness level too long.  When they do read the reset, they may jump several brightness levels which shows a notable 'jump' in brightness.

So the question is - can these pulse timings be adjusted in the firmware?  If so (and if the jerky fades are a big enough issue to tackle) it might be interesting to try some different timings and see if it clears up the issues.
Corey
 2018 uSC, Afterburner, uAmp co-op - pending May-June 2018.  Remaining boards are now FOR SALE

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 117
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
Re: Data Pulse Width / Timings via Firmware?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 01:20:55 PM »
Corey, this almost a year old. Did you ever get a resolution?