Author Topic: device type selection  (Read 782 times)

Offline Steve Gase

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 5
    • WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
device type selection
« on: November 21, 2013, 09:24:26 AM »
I have a couple questions about device type.  if someone could describe each, I think it might be good wiki material... and I'd format the response and put it in the wiki for you.

Q1: There are 2 1809 flex strip types... what's the difference?  one has DLA and the other does not.  do they have different behavior?

Q2: I have TM1804 technicolor strings...  these have the same color order (BGR) as the WS2811 technicolor strings.  What should I use?  I don't want to assume that color order is the only difference in the options, and suspect tuning/timing might also be altered.

Q3-?: Can you list all of the device types, their color order, their chip type, and anything special related to the choice?

Thanks!
http://WinterLightShow.com  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline Steve Gase

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 5
    • WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Re: device type selection
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 02:43:54 PM »
(bump...)

I had a related question, and went back to the thread to see the original response.  There was no response.  ???

I have additional questions...

Q4: is color order the only change applied with the "Device Type" selection for Falcon firmware?  (in the DLA, I believe RJ suggested that behavior also changed (number of pixels -- 128 or 120, power, and color order)

Q5: I find that the Technicolor strings (WS2811 and TM1804) need the TM1804 order.  I also find that the Pixabulbs with WS2811 also use the TM1804 order.    Maybe an additional dropbox item called "WS2811" with the TM1804 behavior can be added?

Q6: Could all of the color permutations be added to the Device Type list so that any order can be selected?   (RGB, RBG, BGR, BRG, GRB, GBR)

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 75
Re: device type selection
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 03:02:56 PM »
Color order is the only difference. Timing is not changed. I will be changing it to color order soon.
PixelController, LLC
PixelController.com