Author Topic: P10 Ribbon Question  (Read 843 times)

Offline bravado67

• Kudos: 0
P10 Ribbon Question
« on: April 04, 2016, 04:25:50 PM »
I just received 4 panels with cables. I want to test 2x2 since I have the mounting hardware for this configuration. The ribbons sent are all the same size so the fit to each other running long edge. If I set up 2x2 that creates an issue with the cable not reaching. Is it possible to run two ports form the BBB/Octoscroller [/color][/size]so I dont need to run up the vertical path?[/b]
[/color][/size][/b]
[/color][/size]Ron[/b]

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 214
Re: P10 Ribbon Question
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 05:06:30 PM »
You can use 2 ports to create a 2x2 display.  You could also use 1, 3, or 4 ports.  FPP is very flexible, just specify the  output and panel number for each panel in the layout editor and that is it.
-
Chris

Offline bravado67

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 05:25:11 PM »
You can use 2 ports to create a 2x2 display.  You could also use 1, 3, or 4 ports.  FPP is very flexible, just specify the  output and panel number for each panel in the layout editor and that is it.

Perfect! Thanks. One last question before I dive into installing software on BBB. Is it okay to have Octoscroller attached to BBB when installing software or leave off?

Ron

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 214
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 05:29:21 PM »
I have installed probably a dozen or more times with the Octoscroller installed and it worked every time.  Some have reported issues.  I think some issues are probably due to marginal power supplies since I haven't been able to reproduce any issue.