Author Topic: Mounting F16V2 and Meanwell PSU in cg-1500 question  (Read 1617 times)

Offline bravado67

• Kudos: 0
Mounting F16V2 and Meanwell PSU in cg-1500 question
« on: April 30, 2016, 02:53:50 PM »
David at HC said there was no need to add space between the PSU and the mounting plate as there are vents on the side. However, I don't believe he sales Meanwell PSUs so the venting is slighting different. I plan to have 2 PSU per cg-1500 and F16V2 and expansion in another cg-1500. In total my set up for four zones will have 3 cg-1500 boxes. I want to know how important it is to have spacers or standoffs between the F16V2/expansion/Meanwell PSU and mounting plates.

Thanks,

Ron

Offline Phrog30

• Kudos: 8
Re: Mounting F16V2 and Meanwell PSU in cg-1500 question
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 03:01:41 PM »
His are knockoffs. I've never mounted any power supply with spacing between the plate and bottom of the power supply. Just make sure you don't block the fan. I've even zero stacked (no space between each one) my power supplies with no problems.

Just curious, why are you asking David at HolidayCoro? He's the last person I recommend asking for advice. Not being mean, just my personal experience with him.

James

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Offline bravado67

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 03:13:57 PM »
His are knockoffs. I've never mounted any power supply with spacing between the plate and bottom of the power supply. Just make sure you don't block the fan. I've even zero stacked (no space between each one) my power supplies with no problems.

Just curious, why are you asking David at HolidayCoro? He's the last person I recommend asking for advice. Not being mean, just my personal experience with him.

James

I ordered some cg-1500 enclosures and mounting plates from HC and asked him about it. I ordered Meanwell PSUs from other sources.

What about the Falcon controller boards? Do they need standoffs between them and the mounting boards?

Ron

Offline Phrog30

• Kudos: 8
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 03:17:08 PM »
I don't think the boards require an air gap. But, I mount mine with standoffs. That's just me though.

I just received the new slimmer meanwell from MrSmoofy, they are nice. The quality between a meanwell and the "others" are night and day. Granted, I've never had a cheap one fail.

I also received 6 cg-1500 from diyledexpress.com. It was $90 including shipping. I use clear lexan for the plates. I purchase at home depot. Ends up being about $4/ea.

Offline bravado67

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 04:29:41 PM »
I don't think the boards require an air gap. But, I mount mine with standoffs. That's just me though.

I just received the new slimmer meanwell from MrSmoofy, they are nice. The quality between a meanwell and the "others" are night and day. Granted, I've never had a cheap one fail.

I also received 6 cg-1500 from diyledexpress.com. It was $90 including shipping. I use clear lexan for the plates. I purchase at home depot. Ends up being about $4/ea.

I have Hex Nylon Standoffs that will be here May 10th so I just need to be patient. I'd rather there be a small gap between the plate and board just in case moisture got onto the plate. I'll temporarily mount one to start testing as is and change after the 10th. I have two four more PSUs to finish first.

Ron

Offline Aesl1982

• Probation
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 10:17:27 PM »
I also believe the standoffs help with static electricity. I ordered s bunch from Amazon and had em In two days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk