Author Topic: church display  (Read 617 times)

Offline FireMedic4Christ

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 1
church display
« on: November 25, 2013, 11:13:14 PM »
I was approached by the audio / visual guy at church this weekend about hanging some RGB lights in the sanctuary for this coming Easter. We are going to discuss over coffee in the near future, but in a nutshell he wants to hang several strands vertically behind the stage. Lighting will vary from solid on, to fades, to drips. I think he said he could only have 4 DMX universes.

We have a digital DMX board already and some RGB floods in use already. If I can pick up a DMX signal from the board or daisy chain from a flood, can I run it directly to a LOR board? (assuming is setup properly for DMX)

I'm guessing 4 DMX universes will not be enough to do what he wants. Any guidance on how to convert to pixelnet and still have control at the sound board?

Thanks,

Brian
Brian

Offline Steve Gase

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 5
    • WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Re: church display
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 11:35:26 PM »
you could have multiple strings share the same channels.  lets say you have strings of 50 pixels... 4 universes is 13 strings.  copy the string channels and you can have 26 strings...  or thousands of strings. 
http://WinterLightShow.com  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro