Author Topic: P10 with non-glare panel in front  (Read 1651 times)

Offline stallionent

• Kudos: 0
P10 with non-glare panel in front
« on: May 12, 2016, 03:18:36 PM »
Any one put non-glare plastic, Lexan or Plexiglas in front of their P10s? Images or video?

Offline bravado67

Re: P10 with non-glare panel in front
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 06:54:17 PM »
Any one put non-glare plastic, Lexan or Plexiglas in front of their P10s? Images or video?

I am in the same boat. Hopefully Boscoyo will have a solution for us. I found this site:  [size=78%]http://www.tapplastics.com/product/plastics/cut_to_size_plastic/acrylic_sheets_p99_non_glare_clear/514[/size]

Offline stallionent

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 03:03:32 AM »
I get my sample non glare plastic today. Is there any simple way I can turn on the P10 to see the reflection thru the non glare samples. I have a 5 volt power supply. bbb and octoscroller (no FPP installed)

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 214
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 03:40:37 PM »
I get my sample non glare plastic today. Is there any simple way I can turn on the P10 to see the reflection thru the non glare samples. I have a 5 volt power supply. bbb and octoscroller (no FPP installed)

The safest way is to install FPP, enable the LED panel output and define 1 panel at start channel 1, and then turn on the channel tester.  I say "safest" because of lot of the panels will display garbage data if you get your fingers close to or touch the 16-pin header, but I wouldn't want to do this much as static electricity could blow something.
-
Chris

Offline stallionent

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 05:57:42 PM »
Captain, I have a brand new modem installed by my cable co. I need to set it up to talk to my BBB/fpp. I haven't a clue, not ready yet, need to I need to mount power supply, bbb to P10s

New modem wont talk to my show computer, Raspberry PI/fpp either. Still some wiring to finish on my new control panel. A few more days and I will call David, he set my old modem last year.

Offline uzelessknowledge

• Kudos: 2
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2016, 06:09:24 PM »
Captain, I have a brand new modem installed by my cable co. I need to set it up to talk to my BBB/fpp. I haven't a clue, not ready yet, need to I need to mount power supply, bbb to P10s

New modem wont talk to my show computer, Raspberry PI/fpp either. Still some wiring to finish on my new control panel. A few more days and I will call David, he set my old modem last year.
Pack up Pi and BBB. I'll be more than happy to get running on my network. Hahaha.

ISP routers are usually bad. Can't assign IP addresses. See if you can get to the config and determine what the dhcp range is. Some won't let you have a client outside of the dhcp range. My in laws is a modified net gear router/modem and it won't.