Author Topic: channel confusion with new interface  (Read 830 times)

Offline Bandyman

• Kudos: 0
channel confusion with new interface
« on: May 18, 2016, 01:06:47 PM »

trying to get my roof outline going in version 4.31 and the new interface is confusing me. Evertime I try and switch inputs the channel numbers get wacky. I'll start it at channel 1 with a 50 light string and it will end at channel 587. If I correct it by switching to no offset or anything other than output number it switches the output back to 1?? Its totally screwing up all my channel numbers. Anyone have a fix for this or tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Offline jnealand

• Developer
  • Kudos: 66
Re: channel confusion with new interface
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 01:31:49 PM »
I would post your network and rgb effects xml files to the board.  That will give the experts a lot more info than you have provided so far.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA all Falcon controllers, all 12v Master Remote Multisync with Pi and BBB P10 and P5

Offline tbone321

• Kudos: 49
Re: channel confusion with new interface
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 10:53:57 AM »
Remember that XLights uses absolute channel numbers so switching inputs on defined controllers will change the channel numbers on the moved items.  Don't confuse this with sequencers like Vixen that use a channel mapping scheme.  Vixen channel numbers don't seem to change because it maps the sequence channel number to a controller / channel number when the show output is created.  Changing inputs changes the mapping of sequence channel to controller number / channel so the sequencer channel number remains the same.  XLights uses absolute channel numbers in both the sequencer and channel configuration so moving a model to a different controller or input will change the channel numbers to those that the controller or input that you are moving it to is using.  If you manually change the channel numbers of a model, XLights will change to the controller that is assigned that starting channel number.