Author Topic: Channels  (Read 958 times)

Offline drlucas

• Developer
  • Kudos: 3
Channels
« on: November 28, 2013, 08:45:59 PM »
I am working with a f16 on universe 3. When I program the channels should they be in the 8193+ range or should I always have them in the 0-4096 range and then set the models in xlights?
Ryan

Offline Steve Gase

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 5
    • WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Re: Channels
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 09:07:51 PM »
(talking about the falcon software utility) you should assign the channels using the 8193+ range.
http://WinterLightShow.com  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline drlucas

• Developer
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 06:44:27 AM »
I am. Thanks. Was seeing some mixed results with a simple rgb color test in xlights with those square pixels so maybe they aren't rgb or maybe I hit the program button over wifi and things got messed up when I went to program a few nights ago.

I'll try again this weekend and see what happens.

Offline Steve Gase

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 5
    • WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 11:10:40 AM »
Strings do now all come conveniently in the RGB order, some varieties have GBR, RBG, and each of the other 8 permutations.

Use the device type pulldown menu to pick through the list until you find one that works for you.

Offline drlucas

• Developer
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 05:06:39 AM »
Yup...we are all good now. With the SSC utility when I picked the right device type I got the correct results, didn't need to do anything in xlights. I was also struggling with a bad cable run from the basement out to where the etherdongle was living. Which probably also explains why I was getting mixed results with my FPD. I'll go back to that in January when the show is over this year and see if that starts to magically work for me.

Strange enough, that cable run out to my garage, no matter what I didn't I cant find the problem and I have no time to pull a new cable, so I just ended up running Ethernet out to a hub in the garage vs using the etherdongle....it ended up making for a much better setup for me anyways, because now I can take my MacBook out the garage, connect in physically and do whatever I need to on the boxes I have there. I'll post a picture of the little table I have setup with the gear.

Offline drlucas

• Developer
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 05:13:39 AM »
Here is the setup.

Pi to etherdongle to f16 to DLA active hub to DLA active hub to ray box to LE to LE to aether to aether.

I really want to eliminate the USB spinning disk but I was having problems with the Kingston memory stick.

I have two thoughts. One the dynex hub is crap and I should replace it. The other is my Kingston thumb drive should be formatted extfat vs fat.

I'm not going to mess with anything other then uploading updated sequences for the rest of the month but come the new year I'll start some tweaking again.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline jnealand

• Developer
  • Kudos: 68
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 06:54:39 AM »
Where's the spaghetti sauce?  I could take similar pictures.  I finally put in a patch panel in my basement where I keep the cable box, router, and terminate all the wired connections in the house.  It got to be a real pain figuring out which cable went where.  That is when I started putting labels on all my cables.  I even have labels on all the cables going into the active hub on my front porch.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA all Falcon controllers, all 12v Master Remote Multisync with Pi and BBB P10 and P5

Offline drlucas

• Developer
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 04:50:56 PM »
this is the exact reason why I got a new magjack for my etherdongle. apparently +12v input  isn't part of the spec on that port!