Author Topic: Can't convert from Xlights to LOR EOFException error  (Read 2022 times)

Offline mlindell

• Kudos: 0
Can't convert from Xlights to LOR EOFException error
« on: June 29, 2016, 09:41:35 PM »
Can't get xlights to play out my alphapix16 controller. So I thought I would just convert XLIGHT file out to LOR which I feel good about using.

Wrong, It says it was converted and it sows the new file extension but when you try to open you get:
"An exception ocured: type Unexpected EOFException ....."
Anyone else have this problem and how did you fix.

Running LOR 4.0.38 pro version and lastest version of Xlights

Offline Phrog30

• Kudos: 8
Re: Can't convert from Xlights to LOR EOFException error
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 05:19:48 AM »
I've heard of that error before but don't recall a solution.

My comment, if xlights isn't working then why would you think lor would?

You probably just have missed something. Start with this, can you run a test from the controller and the lights work? If not, stop there and get that working. If that doesn't work it doesn't matter what you do. If it does work, then let's focus on the setup within xlights/alphapix. For us to help, post screenshots of the alphapix setup along with xlights setup.

Other things to note, can you ping the controller from your pc? Is the output (light bulb) on in xlights?

James

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Offline Gilrock

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 07:43:54 AM »
Fixing the LOR error:
Yeah regarding the error I had a user give me their files and I got the same error when trying to open the exported file in LOR.  But I had my show files that I could export and they would open up in LOR just fine and I couldn't find what in the file LOR doesn't like.  Obviously they aren't going to want to help.  I know one person that tried to get them to help but they just say we didn't create the file not our problem.  So I say fine act like normal but you better step aside when the bow wave of customers completely abandons you.

If you can post your xLights files (xlights_rgbeffects.xml, xlights_networks.xml, <sequence>.xml) somewhere I'll take another stab at trying to see if I can figure out what's wrong.  I don't think I have those older files because that user just decided to ditch LOR.

Fixing the AlphaPix in xLights issue:
We have several users that are successfully using an AlphaPix16.  I don't remember all the possible issues.  Sometimes it a firmware update you need.  Have you posted on the xLights forum or the xLights Facebook group?  We have a lot of helpful users that may have gone through the same thing.  You can post here but you'll be stuck with just a couple of us helping.  I usually forget to check this forum as often.

Offline mlindell

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 08:39:57 AM »
Ok thanks for input, I also posted on LOR forum to see if they can help.
I did check firmware and I'm up to date. I can't get xlights to out consist colors with my alphapix controller.
Need to walk away before I throw it all in the trash.
Been using LOR for years, heard great thing about xlights but just can't get them working right.

Offline Phrog30

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 08:43:32 AM »

Ok thanks for input, I also posted on LOR forum to see if they can help.
I did check firmware and I'm up to date. I can't get xlights to out consist colors with my alphapix controller.
Need to walk away before I throw it all in the trash.
Been using LOR for years, heard great thing about xlights but just can't get them working right.

I was a lor user. Xlights is a lot easier to use than lor. As Gil stated, lots of people are using many controllers with xlights, including the alphapix. While I think the alphapix board is garbage, it will work.

To start, take a break and just relax. Then come back and give us information so we can help.

James

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Offline Gilrock

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2016, 09:14:59 AM »
So I'm trying to piece together the story.  The AlphaPix works fine in LOR?  If so then we know the hardware is good and its just a setup issue in xLights.  Screenshots we need are of the AlphaPix setup screen, xLights network setup page, xLights model setup, and how you are trying to test it out (i.e. using a sequence, using test tab, etc.)

Offline mlindell

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2016, 09:50:57 AM »
I'll put together the requested screen shots and get them to you.